This 11-day Greece tour of Athens, Crete, and Thessaloniki leaves little to the imagination as a series of guided excursions and leisurely days offer you a balanced approach to exploring this country. Perhaps, no better ambassador exists for the colorful history and culture of the Mediterranean world than Greece. By the time the sun sets on your visit, lifelong memories will be just one of the many treasures you enjoy.
Athens – The Beating Heart of Greece
Romantic temples and ancient ruins will be yours to enjoy on your visit to the Greek capital. Athens is considered to be the birthplace of democracy as well as a host of other fundamental political and cultural pillars of the Western world. A transfer will meet you at the airport today, and as you make your way from the outskirts of Athens to the city center, the buildings will get progressively older around you until you see the ancient roots of this modern metropolis. An evening at your leisure awaits you upon arrival at your hotel.
Athens – Through the Athenian Ages
Crete – Wine Tasting Experience
Crete – Plunge into Greek Paradise
Crete – Greece's Gastronomic Greatness
Thessaloniki – Orientation in Macedonia
Thessaloniki – Flavors of the Gulf
Thessaloniki – Charting Your Own Course
Thessaloniki – A Variety of Options
Athens – Basking in Thermal Bliss
Athens – Departure
- Munch your way through a guided food tour, during which the various flavors of Greece's famous wine and cheese traditions will be yours to enjoy
- Stand in the shadow of the Parthenon, where ancient Greeks once worshipped their gods and constructed vast temples in their honor
- Scan the horizon from atop the Acropolis, where you will be able to enjoy thrilling panoramas and exquisite architecture
- Witness the proud traditions of Cretan ceramics on a trip to an artisan's workshop where the workmen will happily demonstrate their skill at pottery
- Stroll the scenic beauty of Chania at sunset as the light casts a pink hue on the Aegean sea and the whitewashed neighborhoods of this charming village
- Plunge into the vibrant culture of Thessaloniki on a tour of the city center, including the charming open-air markets where you can practice your bargaining skills
- Bask in the thermal bliss of a relaxing visit to the Pozar Baths where visitors have access to any number of massages, treatments, or pools
- Chart your own course through this Greek environment on a leisurely that presents you with a variety of active options
- Take to the streets on an evening in Thessaloniki to see the famous Greek nightlife on display through the late-night restaurants, convivial bars, and thrilling clubs
$8,432 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on 44 reviews.
Reviewed By James D.
Reviewed By Randy K.
Reviewed By Cheryl K.
Reviewed By SANDRA M.
Reviewed By Atul M.
Reviewed By Karin K.