This ten-day Germany itinerary is expertly designed for families and offers a blend of experiences for all ages. It is the perfect slow-paced trip through Germany, mixing fairytale castles and children’s attractions with laid-back towns and history. Immerse yourself in the charm and create your own story in a part of Germany that remains mostly frozen in time.
Rhine Valley - Rest After Your Flight
Frankfurt is a very convenient gateway for exploring Germany, but it is best not to spend too long in the big city, especially with your children. The Rhine Valley is only an hour away, and you will be transferred privately by a local guide. Upon your arrival at your riverside accommodation, you can check in and have the rest of the day at your leisure. You can wander along the river, explore the small town, rest by the pool, and regain your energy after the flight. With ten days in Germany, this laid-back location is a great way to start.
Rhine Valley - Medieval Castles and Old-World Vineyards
Rhine Valley - Dazzling Hilltop Castles
Stuttgart - The Mercedes Legend
Stuttgart - Legoland Deutschland
Fussen - Riding a Bobsled
Fussen - Recreating Fairy Tales at Neuschwanstein
Rothenburg - Germany’s Romantic Road
Rothenburg - Germany’s Most Enchanting Medieval City
Rothenburg - Departure
- Recreate Disney’s fairy tales by spending a day exploring Bavaria’s castles, including Neuschwanstein, which your kids may recognize as Cinderella's castle
- Explore the bucolic beauty of old-world Germany with a laid-back cruise down the River Rhine that stops at vineyards and medieval forts
- Ride a bobsled down a mountain and create your own trails in the stunning Bavarian Alps
- Take your children to Legoland for a day in between excursions to explore Germany’s history and culture
- Discover the Mercedes story and take a cogwheel train through Heidelberg before a night in the underrated city of Stuttgart
- Meander along the Romantic Road to explore 500 years of medieval charm on a privately-guided tour from Fussen to Rothenburg
- Find countless places to rest and relax, from the Rhine riverside to two nights in Rothenburg
$2,995 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By peter g.
Reviewed By Kenneth F.
Reviewed By Daniel H.
Reviewed By Laura S.
Reviewed By Jong H.