Immerse yourself in history and culture on a luxurious 10-day journey of the best of Northern Germany. By traveling to all the key old cities and iconic sites, you will discover diverse highlights and get your full dose of Northern Germany from west to east. Including Berlin, Saxony, Dusseldorf breweries, and musical Bremen, these ten days will douse you in the region’s tales and treasures.
Dusseldorf - Old Town Brewery Tour
At Frankfurt International Airport, you will be greeted by a driver and transferred to the city’s main railway station. Your driver and guide will keep you entertained before the 90-minute high-speed train to Dusseldorf. It is quicker and more relaxing to travel by train than by road. In Dusseldorf, you will stay in the old town and can rest and relax before an evening tour of the old town’s microbreweries. This will prove to be a great introduction to the local culture and the friendly ways of Northern Germany.
Dusseldorf - The UNESCO Wonders of Cologne
Hamburg - The Tale of Two German Cities
Hamburg - Day Trip to the City of Musicians
Berlin - Free Time in Berlin
Berlin - Private Berlin History Tour
Berlin - Uncovering the Wonder of Potsdam
Dresden - The Remains of the Saxony Capital
Dresden - Immersed in East Germany
Berlin - Departure
- Straddle east and west Germany during a private historical tour in Berlin, where you can go behind the scenes of a world history
- Indulge in an atmospheric brewery tour through the street of Dusseldorf’s Old Town, which will be an insight into both beer and culture
- Marvel at Potsdam’s regal history and Dresen’s Baroque wonder, which are two very classical highlights for your time in Northern Germany.
- Uncover the UNESCO wonders of Bremen, which is the decorous city of musicians, and Cologne
- Get to know the real East Germany with a day in Leipzig, which is arguably Germany’s most energetic city
- Spend two nights in Hamburg, which is a city that will take you a journey through 1,000 years of history
- Rest and relax on Germany’s excellent high-speed rail network with first-class journeys between cities
- Compare and contrast East and West Germany as you move across Northern Germany and connect almost two millennia of history.
$3,895 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on 393 reviews.
Reviewed By TK O.
Reviewed By Darby G.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By Paul P.
Reviewed By Sara M.
Reviewed By David W.