From the colorful history of the Berlin wall to the old ports of Hamburg, fairy-tales of Bremen, Gothic cathedral of Cologne and beer gardens of Munich, Germany is a land with many gifts in its favor. Try them all — from the historic to the cultural — on an unforgettable seven-day, highlights of Germany tour.
Berlin – Welcome to Germany
Freedom of expression rules here, so after you arrive and settle into your hotel, prepare to see all sides of this diverse city. You’ll begin your adventure with a walking tour that’ll take you past the famous Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag (where politicians make important decisions) and Gendarmenmarkt square, where you’ll hear about plagues and wars, the Konzerthaus (a theater and concert hall) and the quirky rivalry between the domed German and French cathedrals.
As evening nears, you’ll stroll along Unter den Linden Boulevard, passing significant cultural and historical sites — such as Babelplatz, the State Library and Museum Island —before being taken to one of the trendiest restaurants in Berlin, La Soup Populaire. The transformed warehouse, which is run by two-Michelin-star chef and owner, Tim Raue, endeavors to bridge the gap between gastronomy and art. The menu draws inspiration from its revolving art exhibitions and traditional German cuisine, making it a fitting way to finish your first day.
Berlin – A Historical Look at the City
Hamburg – Germany’s Hippest City
Cologne – A Scenic Road Trip
Cologne – The Sights of Cologne
Munich – Explore the City's History
Munich – Departure
- Discover the history and culture of Germany’s capital, Berlin
- See the dark side of Nazi Germany; tour underground bunkers, former Gestapo headquarters and Holocaust monuments in the nation’s capital
- Visit the historic ports of Hamburg and see why the city is likened to Venice
- Take a scenic road trip to the historic towns of Bremen and Münster for a taste of culture, heritage and Germany’s oldest wine cellar
- Explore the ancient Roman past and magnificent gothic cathedral of Cologne
- Taste the pizazz, history and — of course — the famous beer of Munich
$2,725 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By Douglas B.
Reviewed By Bradford C.
Reviewed By Brian K.
Reviewed By Alok G.
Reviewed By David E.
Reviewed By Cynthia B.