Culture shines from the capital of Bogota to the metropolitan of Medellin and the port city of Cartagena, three iconic destinations to visit on this cityscape, Andean region, and coastal 9-day Colombia adventure. You will admire La Candelaria’s historic landmarks, explore the notorious life of Pablo Escobar, and stand atop the Rock of Guatapé, among other thrilling Colombian experiences along the way.
Bogota - Arrive in Colombia’s Capital
The Colombian capital, Bogota, sits high above sea level among a mountainous backdrop. It is a large city with a deep colonial history that you will uncover as you explore more of its vibrant districts dripping with South American style. Your adventure will begin as you arrive and transfer to an accommodation thrust in and amongst bustling neighborhoods. After checking in, you may stroll the colonial center’s cobblestone streets and navigate the colorful markets, Colombian eateries, and fascinating museums. Take your time and absorb the capital’s welcoming spirit before you turn in for the evening.
Bogota - Historic Landmarks Near La Candelaria
Bogota - Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita
Medellin - Explore the City of Eternal Spring
Medellin - The Notroius Life of Pablo Escobar
Medellin - Remarkable Views at the Rock of Guatapé
Cartagena - Discover the Fortress of San Felipe
Cartagena - The African Village of Palenke
Cartagena - Saying Goodbye to South America
- Explore historic landmarks in and around the cobblestone streets of La Candelaria, including the Botero Museum, Museo de Oro, and Palo Quemado market
- Peruse the Cundinamarca salt mine to discover the remarkable Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral and continue to the legendary waters of Lake Guatavita to learn about El Dorado
- Tour the City of Eternal Spring, Medellin, from Plaza de Botero to the statue of General Francisco de Paula Santander and the lush lawns of Parque de Los Pies Descalzos
- Uncover the notorious life story of Pablo Escobar as you visit significant Medellin Cartel sites, Escobar’s old home, and his grave at the Monte Sacro Cemetery
- Capture cinematic Andean landscape photography of the remarkable views at the Rock of Guatapé after you ascend the 742 steps that zigzag to its towering summit
- Immerse yourself in the history of Cartagena as you wander through the halls and passageways of the Fortress of San Felipe and admire the impressive engineering
- Delve into the ancestral African traditions of the Palenke village as locals share their regional delicacies with you, perform musical numbers, and dance to the rhythmic beats
$3,145 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.73 stars based on
Reviewed By Sandra H.
Reviewed By Stephanie G.
Reviewed By Dan G.
Reviewed By Molly C.
Reviewed By Sena C.
Reviewed By Rob P.