Botswana's heart beats to nature's seasonal rhythm, and this 11-day itinerary highlights the seasonal wonders. From June to September, the landscape is dusty and scorched, idyllic dry season conditions for game viewing. But during this time, distant rains rumble down and flood the Okavango Delta, crafting a surreal oasis of color and migrating wildlife. So on a dry season Botswana safari, you explore two distinct yet interconnected worlds, the iconic desiccated wilderness, and the lavish waterways.
Linyanti Concession – Botswana's Abundance
First safari impressions are always memorable. There's a sense of expectation that's combined with the feeling of not knowing exactly what you should be expecting. A micro flight across Botswana is a good start. You'll land in Maun and transfer to a light aircraft which cruises across the Okavango Delta. Scale imbues at every angle; rivers, desert, forests, grasslands, so many colors and not a single road in sight. You're introduced to just how broad and expansive Botswana can be. This is not going to be a safari into small game reserves; you're going to be exploring Africa's legendary scale.
Touch down on a remote airstrip and the safari begins. Elephants rumble past at remarkable intervals, every corner bringing another herd or another trunk-swinging mother and baby. Giraffe necks stand above the trees and an array of ungulates move beneath the branches. There are animals everywhere, from the rumbustious baboons to the diminutive antelopes hiding from view. But it's not the animals that you're likely to remember. On a first safari, it's the intimacy that defines the experience. Elephant tower above the vehicle, almost close enough to touch. Kudu horns are barely meters from your eyes. Sounds echo through the woodland, mystical insights into life behind the trees. The journey from the airstrip to the luxury camp is a safari. In fact, every moment is a safari. Because when you're lounging on the verandah, there's always wildlife nearby.
Day 2 - 3
Linyanti Concession – Sweeping Grasslands and Mopane Woodlands
Day 4 - 5
Selinda Game Reserve – Iconic Wilderness
Day 6 - 8
Moremi Game Reserve – Legendary Safari Experience
Day 9 - 10
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – Classic Dry Season Desert Safari
Central Kalahari to Maun – Departure From Botswana
- Explore the evocative array of Botswana's landscapes, each providing a new safari experience: sweeping grasslands, mopane woodland, flooded delta, scorched desert, and more
- Experience the Okavango Delta in its sublime flooded brilliance, taking game drives and canoe safaris through a labyrinth of deltas that form nature's greatest oasis
- Walk and ride horses into the seemingly endless wilderness of Selinda, a private game reserve that excels in taking you into the heart of the bush
- Watch legendary game wander past your luxury camp in Moremi Game Reserve, all the famous animals migrating here during the dry season
- Escape into the vast dusty plains of the Central Kalahari, a huge safari landscape where the action is centered around the shriveling water holes
- Discover Botswana from all angles thanks to a handcrafted array of safari activities, each revealing a new side to a mystical country
- Hop between safari destinations by micro flight, an experience that offers surreal aerial vistas and expedited travel between remote wilderness areas
$11,545 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 302 reviews.
Reviewed By Evan G.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Marcia H.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Richard A.
Reviewed By Kathy K.