Rolling to the sound of music, this 10-day Austria family tour immerses you in mountains and cultural charm. Handcrafted with the best family attractions, it will take you to palaces, castles, museums, markets, and miniature towns. Explore Vienna, Linz and Salzburg before escaping to the mountains for three days of quiet family time along the lake.
Vienna - A Kid-Friendly Capital
Vienna is a surprisingly children-friendly capital city. After a private airport transfer your guide will provide you with an introductory walking tour. It’s a quick and easy way to tick off the key sights before you jump into something more enchanting for the kids. There are different options depending on how you feel and how much energy you have. Perhaps visit Prater and gain immense views from the amusement park’s huge Ferris wheel. Try Schonbrunn Zoo, or take a picnic to one of the royal parks, where there is plenty of green space to run around.
Vienna - Exploring Schonbrunn
Linz - Charming Riverside City
Linz - Discovering Food Markets
Salzburg - The Sound of Music
Salzburg - Austrian Lake District
Klagenfurt - Laid-Back Exploration
Klagenfurt - Inspiring Travel
Klagenfurt - The Austrian Outdoors
Klagenfurt - Departure
- Lounge around Lake Worthersee for three days of quiet family time in beautiful Austrian mountains
- Inspire travel in your kids at Minimundus, a park with small-scale models of destinations from across the world
- Explore palaces and castles from a fairytale, including Schonbrunn and Belvedere, places that evoke a surreal time and place
- Discover the charms of Austria’s Lake District with a privately-tailored adventure that can include hiking, biking and culture
- Uncover Salzburg’s secrets, from the Sound of Music to a museum of big machines that’s great for kids of all ages
- Appreciate all the space provided by Linz, a charming riverside city perfect for a two quiet days amid Austrian culture
- Mix cultural attractions with the outdoors, as you further tailor this Austria family tour to the interests of your whole family
$3,895 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 336 reviews.
Reviewed By TK O.
Reviewed By Mary B.
Reviewed By David W.
Reviewed By Diane D.
Reviewed By Raul G.
Reviewed By Wayne C.