For over 11 days you will hike, climb, kayak, canyon, raft, balloon and fly through the Alps.Trails twist between epic mountains, lakes glisten beneath rugged peaks, rivers flow between medieval villages. Welcome to Austria and the ultimate outdoor adventure itinerary. And from Tyrol to Salzkammergut there are few finer landscapes to explore, anywhere else on Earth.
Innsbruck - Lounging around in Tyrol
You will fly into Innsbruck, a cute World Heritage city at the heart of Tyrol. Note that another possibility is to fly into Zurich, Switzerland, not far over the border. Tyrol is home to Austria’s highest mountains and you’ll spend the first five days in this western part of the country. Nothing is planned for today. After a private airport transfer you can stroll around the old town, get a feeling for Austria, and get some rest before your Austrian outdoor adventure.
Lienz - Across the Austrian Alps
Lienz - Guided Rafting on the Isel River
Lienz - An Experience with the Grossglockner
Lienz - Climbing in the Alps
Salzburg - Kayaking around Salzburg
Salzburg - The Bavarian Mountains
Hallstatt - The Mountains above the Lakes
Hallstatt - Alpine Ballooning Experience
Hallstatt - Hiking and Biking
Salzburg - Departure
- Soar across the Alps on a private scenic flight, an epic insight into Europe’s most fabled mountain scenery
- Feel the thrills of canyoning and rock climbing, on a full-day adventure in East Tyrol
- Tackle Austria’s highest mountain and choose your level of adventure at the Grossglockner, from crazy trails to tepid ascents
- Rush down the River Isel in a raft, on a white-water rafting day trip through the heart of Tyrol
- Cruise over Austria’s Lake District on a sublime hot air balloon ride from nearby Hallstatt
- Explore the best of Salzkammergut with mountain biking and hiking in iconic scenery
- Kayak part of the way to Salzburg on a leisurely downriver afternoon full of spills and serenity
- Hike the famous Eagle’s Nest and discover the Bavarian Mountains, where green pastures flow beneath ragged peaks
$3,295 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on 313 reviews.
Reviewed By Nancy C.
Reviewed By Jacie D.
Reviewed By Theodore C.
Reviewed By Peter C.
Reviewed By Marcia C.
Reviewed By Amy H.