This comprehensive and comfortable 26-day journey through Australia and New Zealand showcases the incredible natural scenery these two island nations have to offer. In addition to witnessing iconic locations, such as as Ayers Rock, the Great Barrier Reef, and Doubtful Sound, you will also be introduced to the rich heritage of the indigenous peoples. Set your own pace and navigate through charming villages, otherworldly landscapes, and imposing mountain vistas.
Sydney – Arrive in Australia
Sydney is famous for its architectural landmarks, beautiful beaches, and thriving restaurant scene. Your flight will arrive at Sydney Airport, where your private transfer will take you to your centrally located hotel. Sydney is a walking-friendly city that is home to many major attractions and great restaurants. In the Rocks district, the Harbour Bridge and Opera House are not to be missed. In the harbor area, you can also find Circular Quay, the Museum of Contemporary Art, as well as ferry departures to Manly Beach, Watsons Bay, and Taronga Park Zoo.
Sydney – Walking Tour and Harbor Cruise
Sydney – Blue Mountains Tour
Ayers Rock – Into the Outback
Ayers Rock – Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Port Douglas – Queensland Calling
Port Douglas – The Great Barrier Reef
Port Douglas – The Daintree Rainforest
Port Douglas – River and Rainforest Snorkeling
Melbourne – Fly to the South Coast
Melbourne – Live like a Local
Melbourne – Great Ocean Road Tour
Auckland – Fly to Auckland
Auckland – Maori Experience
Rotorua – Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Rotorua – Geothermal and Maori Experience
Queenstown – Fly to the South Island
Queenstown – River Safari
Queenstown – Day at Leisure
Overnight Cruise – Doubtful Sound
Queenstown – Doubtful Sound
Franz Josef – Drive to Franz Josef
Franz Josef – Glaciers and Waterfalls
Christchurch – TranzAlpine Railway
Christchurch – Day Trip to Akaroa
Christchurch – Depart for Home
- Interact with kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, wombats, and Australia’s natural beauty on a trip to the Blue Mountains
- Embrace the spiritual importance and desert beauty of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Dive into an underwater paradise at UNESCO World Heritage Site Great Barrier Reef, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World
- Uncover Melbourne’s hidden lanes in addition to its dynamic food and art scene
- Travel the scenic Great Ocean Road and view the Twelve Apostles
- Unmask the vibrant Maori culture on guided interactions with local communities
- Step into another world at Waitomo Caves and Rotorua’s geothermal parks
- Revel in the adrenaline-pumping activities that make Queenstown an adventurer’s paradise
- Bask in the vast and untouched wilderness of Fiordland National Park on an overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound
$7,067 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Ken B.
Reviewed By Dawn B.
Reviewed By Gail C.
Reviewed By Jacquie L.
Reviewed By Stacee C.
Reviewed By Rupa R.