Walking safaris with indigenous guides, kayaking with dolphins, standing on Table Mountain, and connecting with local people; South Africa's playground of experiences provide a thrilling destination for families with teenage children. Using three diverse destinations, this 2-week South Africa tour is packed with adventure and filled with allure. Take the whole family on a tailored teenager safari in the Sabi Sands, then to Cape Town and finally the coastal utopia of Plettenberg Bay.
Sabi Sands – Surrounded by the Big Five
A vacation to Africa ignites so many dreamy images and preconceptions: lions roaring, elephants marching, wildlife congregating as if from an animated movie. The Sabi Sands is quick to confirm these images, a drive from the airstrip to the lodge encountering a wide array of Africa's wild mammals. Elephants and giraffes are easily spotted, rising in and out of the trees. Rhinos are equally ubiquitous, sniffing and grazing their way across the savanna. Zebra canter while impala skip across the grasslands. All this and you're just being transferred to your accommodation.
Your family will land at O. R. Tambo International in Johannesburg, where a representative is on hand and assists in transferring you to a domestic flight. Touch down in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve and you're already surrounded by the Big Five and more. After the intercontinental flight, the lodge makes for a quiet place to rest and relax, although there's always an air of excitement here. Wild animals roam past the verandah, the continual procession an indication of what's to come on these four nights in the Sabi Sands. This game reserve shares an unfenced border with Kruger National Park and is an irrevocable piece of the Kruger ecosystem. It's a haven for the complete diversity of Kruger wildlife, with a particular abundance found along the Sands River. You have two interconnected suites at the luxury lodge, along with a wooden verandah overlooking this river.
Sabi Sands – Game Drives Through the Kruger Ecosystem
Sabi Sands – Learning How to Track Animals on Foot
Sabi Sands – Hot Air Balloon Above the Kruger
Cape Town – Easy Day in the Mother City
Cape Town – Table Mountain and Camps Bay for Families
Cape Town – Vibrant Family Tour of Cape Town
Cape Town – Penguins and Seals on the Cape Peninsula
Plettenberg Bay – Relaxing Along the Coast
Day 10 - 13
Plettenberg Bay – Walks, Wildlife, and the Garden Route's Coastal Charms
Plettenberg Bay to Cape Town – Departure
- Savor all the thrills of a Big Five safari with four nights in the Sabi Sands, a private game reserve in the Kruger ecosystem
- Learn all about animal tracking as indigenous guides take your family on a walking safari
- Explore the diverse vibrancy of Cape Town, including an eye-opening tour of a local township and a journey to the summit of Table Mountain
- Watch wild penguins waddle across Boulders Beach and find rare wild monkeys along the Garden Route
- Soak up the charms of the coast with five nights in Plettenberg Bay, where the days can be as active or as relaxed as you'd like
- Try out surfing, go kayaking with dolphins, explore some of South Africa's finest walking trails, or just lie on the quiet beaches of the Garden Route
- Hot air balloon above the Kruger before being guided along the Panorama Route and Blyde Rider Canyon
$9,277 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennie R.
Reviewed By Brenda B.
Reviewed By Erica O.
Reviewed By Paula Z.
Reviewed By Beth C.
Reviewed By Debbie W.