Immersed yourself in the real Africa with this ultimate 10-day South Africa safari for first timers. Showcasing the continent’s sublime wildlife, the first seven days will offer tailor-made big-game safari in Phinda and Sabi Sands, exceptional private reserves that offer animal intimacy and abundance. Then end in Cape Town, where penguins complement your big-five-and-more experience.
Phinda Game Reserve – Relaxing with the Animals
After landing in Johannesburg you will be assisted in transferring to a domestic flight. Phinda Game Reserve is an ideal first place for a first-time safari, even more so than the Sabi Sands. It’s home to the big five and the reserve is large enough for you to appreciate wildlife abundance. Yet the private reserve is also very accessible and easy to get around. You can literally see elephants from your villa’s swimming pool. It makes for a relaxed start accompanied by the famous animals, and that will be the highlight of your first afternoon and evening.
Phinda Game Reserve – Game Drives with the Big Five
Phinda Game Reserve – Walking Safari
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Day with Leopards
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Safari in the Kruger
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Hot Air Balloon Ride
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Final Day of Your Safari
Cape Town – City and Mountain Pleasures
Cape Town – A Morning with Penguins
Cape Town – Departure
- Explore the Sabi Sands on a special nocturnal leopard safari, in search of the fabled spotted hunter
- Lounge in five-star luxury with a three-night stay in a Phinda villa, where you can watch elephants and giraffes from your pool
- Savor game drives in two of Africa’s best reserves, where the encounters are both many and unpredictable
- Explore the best of Cape Town by finishing your ten-day South Africa safari in the Mother City
- Discover the wilderness from many perspectives, as you enjoy game walks and nighttime drives, along with a special photography hide
- Cruise over Blyde River Canyon in a hot air balloon, a thrilling showcase of the Greater Kruger ecosystem
- Take a full day animal adventure in Kruger National Park, ten hours of driving in one of the world’s greatest and largest wildernesses
- Tick off the big five on your first game drive, then spend a week discovering how Africa has so many more than five
$5,195 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Andy J.
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Hamish K.
Reviewed By Traci G.