Rwanda's forests are full of the rare and the remarkable. Silverback gorillas beat their chests, golden monkeys shine with blue faces, chimpanzees hold out their human-like hands and mangabeys, and colobus monkeys are on display from the Congo Basin. This exclusive 9-day primate safari will take you off of the main forest trails and into a realm that is mostly unseen and undocumented. It is a journey of discovery that blends surprise and adventure as you intimately encounter over a quarter of...
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Remembering History
Land in Kigali and a half-day city tour will help to put some context into the country's past and present. Plastic bags are illegal here, and there is not a spot of garbage anywhere on the streets. Wide boulevards appear like they belong Western Europe, while the modern roads do not feel as if they reflect your location in the heart of Africa. You may be on the edge of the Congo Basin, but Rwanda is nothing like your impressions from Conrad's Heart of Darkness. A guide will greet you at the airport and take you to a variety of attractions to culminate in the National Genocide Memorial Centre, where the stories have rich and moving detail. After lunch, it will be a two-hour drive south to Nyungwe, where you will check into your lodge and admire the monkeys that swing through the surrounding trees. Dinner at the lodge is included.
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Walking Safari
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Exclusive Chimpanzee Trekking
Nyungwe Forest National Park – The Delightful Primates of the Rainforest
Volcanoes National Park – Crossing the Green Hills of Rwanda
Volcanoes National Park – Beautiful Gorilla Trekking in the Forest
Volcanoes National Park – Tracking the Rare Golden Monkey
Volcanoes National Park – Second Gorilla Trekking Experience
Volcanoes National Park to Kigali – Departure
- Explore remote forests and enjoy intimate encounters with some of the world's rarest primates, including gorillas, chimpanzees, and an array of unusual species from the Congo Basin
- Go gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park, to spend an hour with a remote troop in Northwestern Rwanda
- Discover a wild chimpanzee troop in Nyungwe Forest National Park and admire how their behavior feels so close to home
- Spend a day on the trail of the endangered golden monkey to marvel at the vibrant orange fur and blue-tinged faces
- Savor the mystique with two days of primate safari in Nyungwe, a forest that is home to a quarter of Africa's primate species, including the Angola colobus, Dent's mona monkey, grey-cheeked mangabey, Hamlyn's monkey, and L'Hoest's monkey
- Complete the primate safari with a second gorilla trek to visit a different troop and double your memories of the forest's giants
- Be guided by some of Africa's most experienced primate guides and garner a fresh understanding of the behavior found in Rwanda's forests
$14,503 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.81 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By Jill L.
Reviewed By rachel c.
Reviewed By nancy m.
Reviewed By carmen c.