Rwanda’s natural rhythm evokes a romantic poetry. Volcanic hills seduce the eyes, gorillas enchant like rhyming couplets, and mystical forests capture the soul. In the heart of Africa, this Land of 1000 Hills is written just for two, providing seclusion and serenity while offering experiences that jump off the page. It’s where you can enjoy some of the world’s most famous and unique travel experiences, and yet still easily escape the beaten track. Welcome to 11 days of amorous bliss.
Kigali – Boutique Beauty in the Capital
Touch down in Kigali and you can immediately sense the remoteness of Rwanda. Nestled in the heart of Africa and blanketed by a rainbow of green, the Land of 1000 Hills is very easy on the eyes. Rolling valleys extend beneath the wingtips and even in the capital there are wisps of exotic forest. The words pleasant and charming spring to mind, especially as the poetry of the country begins to make its mark. You’re greeted at the airport by a private guide and transferred to your a luxury hotel, which you might recognize from the film Hotel Rwanda. It’s been restored to its decadent best and there’s a wonderful garden and swimming pool where the luminaries of local city life come to sip on cocktails. Kigali doesn’t feel like a city and already you’ll be enjoying the sense of a country untouched by over-commercialism. Plastic bags are outlawed; nature flourishes, and the grand boulevards of Kigali are an easy place to start your romantic getaway.
Volcanoes National Park – Cultural Rwanda
Volcanoes National Park – Walking Hand in Hand to the Gorillas
Volcanoes National Park – Private Golden Monkey Safari
Volcanoes National Park – Another Intimate Hour
Nyungwe Forest – Private Aerial Safari
Nyungwe Forest – Walking Hand in Hand
Day 8 - 10
Gisenyi – Shores of Lake Kivu
Kigali – Departure
- Walk hand in hand through Rwanda’s mystical forests, following the trail of the world’s rarest primates
- Settle into the luxury of Rwanda’s romantic lodges, perched above the forest canopy or gazing out across the serene waters of Lake Kivu
- Savor the seclusion of the Land of 1,000 Hills, a country that is escapist in nature and enhanced by exquisite natural landscapes
- Celebrate together on one of the world’s most unique travel experiences, gorilla trekking in the misty Volcanoes National Park
- Discover a whole world of rare primates as you go on enchanting chimpanzee and golden monkeys treks
- Remove the shoes and enjoy three days of barefoot luxury on Lake Kivu, where a secluded lodge fulfills classic notions of a romantic getaway
- Cruise across Rwanda in a chartered light aircraft on a private aerial safari just for two
$15,725 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.81 stars based on
Reviewed By nancy m.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By rachel c.
Reviewed By Jill L.
Reviewed By carmen c.