Authentic encounters fill every moment in wild Africa; Samburu warrior guides reveal ancient wisdom, open grasslands teem with wildlife, and unique activities excite all ages. By visiting three distinctive private conservancies, this 10-day family safari is an adventure into the untouched charm and wilderness of Kenya, culminating on the thrilling grasslands of the Masai Mara. Accommodation is in luxurious villas and special activities entertain the children throughout.
Kalama Conservancy – First Safari Adventure
Touch down in Northern Kenya and the goosebumps will rise as the thrill of the wild is quick to showcase its presence. A giraffe can be spotted from the airstrip, ambling along in the distance while Samburu warriors stand guard to your luxury villa to welcome you in their iconic headwear as the untouched African plains roll beneath vast clear skies. You will be greeted at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi and transferred to Nairobi's Wilson Airport for the local flight to Samburu. Cruising in the small plane is part of the safari experience, and it is possible to spot mammal herds on the plains beneath the wingtips.
A luxury villa at your first property provides a dramatic view, with your living area gazing out on unspoiled Northern Kenya. One glance and the goosebumps will return. Open and spacious, the villa includes access to an infinity pool and spa, along with a Warrior Academy with tailored activities for the children. Located in the private Kalama Conservancy, it's an ideal place to start your journey. After a 30-minute back and neck massage to relax you after your day of travel, you will enjoy your first game drive to take in the inspiring encounters with Samburu's residents. Elephant, lion, zebra, giraffe, hippo will all abound as your first game drive is all about finding the famous mammals in their natural habitat. As with all days on this itinerary, all meals are included, and there are options for private bush dining or eating in the main lodge. Saruni Samburu has an excellent kitchen that combines African flavors with an Italian influence.
Kalama Conservancy – The Rare and Endangered Special Five
Kalama Conservancy – Thrilling Nature Walk and a Bush Dinner
Borana Conservancy – Game Drives with Wild Rhinos
Borana Conservancy – Family Horse Riding and Safari Mountain Biking
Borana Conservancy – Exploring the Forest Canopy and a Family Afternoon
Mara North Conservancy – Incredible Impressions
Mara North Conservancy – On the Trail of the Big Cats
Mara North Conservancy – Final Day of Family Safari i
Nairobi – Departure
- Discover authentic wild Africa by exploring three distinctive private conservancies, each offering an exclusive family experience that encompasses wildlife, culture, and wilderness
- Feel the thrills as you find the Big Five, and then savor the inimitability by seeking out the endangered Samburu Special Five
- Samburu and Masai warrior guides lead family-orientated nature walks and teach the skills of animal tracking on the plains
- Combine game drives with a variety of unique activities like horse riding and mountain bike safari to keep the safari experience fresh for everyone in the family
- Enjoy Africa's unforgettable extras, like bush dinners beneath the stars and Samburu warriors performing traditional dances
- Safari in the Kalama Conservancy of Samburu, a beautiful place of rolling hills and surprising wildlife
- Nights spent in the Borana Conservancy bring intimate encounters with critically endangered black rhinos, along with a family safari that includes the original Pride Rock
- Complete your 10-day safari in the Mara North, a private conservancy that borders the Masai Mara, where you will experience first-hand why the Mara is one of the most exhilarating destinations on the planet
$5,975 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Linda G.
Reviewed By Paul G.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By Erin P.