Handcrafted for senior travelers, this in-depth adventure will provide you with East Africa’s finest wildlife and cultural experiences. You will explore the Masai Mara with the Masai, tour the Samburu plains with Samburu warriors, and unpick Swahili culture in Zanzibar’s Stone Town. From human history to modern animal conservation, you will experience how culture and safari join hands in Kenya, Tanzania, and Zanzibar. Expect a slow pace of travel and a focus on all the smaller details during this...
Nairobi – Relaxed Arrival
Nairobi takes most visitors by surprise. The Kenyan capital is dominated by nature with the streets that stretch around a large national park at the city’s heart. Giraffes and rhinos move in clear view of city towers, elephants can be heard during the night, and such an impressive urban nature sets the scene for this relaxed city. After landing in Nairobi, you will be transferred to your old-world style lodge in the city’s green outskirts. Giraffes may make appearances here, and you can sometimes encounter a giraffe as it pokes its head through your window. Do not worry because they are very safe and friendly creatures. The evening will be at your leisure, and you should find that Nairobi’s relaxed atmosphere can help you to overcome any travel weariness.
Nairobi – Giraffe and Elephant Conservation
Samburu National Reserve – The Great East African Wilderness
Day 4 - 5
Samburu National Reserve – Wildlife Safari With Indigenous Samburu Guides
Olare Motorogi Conservancy – Discovering the Masai Mara
Olare Motorogi Conservancy – Exploring the Masai Mara With Masai Warriors
Serengeti National Park – The Heart of the Grasslands
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Discovering the History of Humankind
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Safari on the Crater Floor
Stone Town – Exotic Swahili Culture
Stone Town – Spice Plantations and Rich Trading History
Day 13 - 14
Nungwe – End the Vacation on a Quiet Beach
Zanzibar Town – Departure
- Safari on the Samburu plains with Samburu warriors as your guides
- Explore the wonders of the Serengeti, including giant wildebeest and zebra herds
- Uncover the secrets to humankind during an afternoon in Olduvai Gorge
- Discover the abundant wildlife diversity of Ngorongoro, which is an extinct volcanic caldera
- Immerse yourself in old-world Swahili culture during two days in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stone Town
- Learn about elephant and giraffe conservation during a day of wildlife in Nairobi
- Feel the intimacy of a Masai Mara safari led by Masai warrior guides in Olare Motorogi Conservancy
- Culminate your vacation with two days on the beautiful Indian Ocean sands of Nungwe, Zanzibar
- Tailor each safari day to your interests and choose how active you wish to be each and every day
$9,160 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Wijay A.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Nicole O.