From Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater, to Kenya’s Masai Mara and onwards to the Rwandan highlands, this two-week adventure will profile East Africa’s most impressive landscapes and most celebrated wildlife. Traversing the Serengeti and the Masai Mara will give unprecedented opportunities to watch the Great Wildebeest Migration, as lions, leopards and cheetahs escort the two million ungulates. In Rwanda stand in the midst of mountain gorillas, observing them, and they you. You will experience comfort...
Arusha – Arrive in Arusha
As your plane descends over the city of Arusha – ‘A’ to locals – you will finally be sure that you are not at home anymore. Looking out the window, the peak of Africa’s fifth highest mountain, Mount Meru, will poke through the clouds, signaling the final leg of your journey. Upon clearing customs and collecting your bags in Kilimanjaro International Airport, a representative will meet you in the arrivals hall. From here, we will drive you straight to your lodge tucked away at the foot of Mount Meru amidst a sea of coffee trees.
This lodge is a converted colonial property, which pays homage to the homestead’s roots through its décor. Friendly and warm, the lodge has created an ambiance perfect for relaxation after days of long travel. You may choose to spend the afternoon wandering through the gardens, lazing beside the swimming pool or reading in front of your suite’s wood-burning fireplace. Energetic guests may have time to partake on a two-hour guided walk around the coffee plantation itself, learning about the growing, harvesting and roasting process. However you choose to spend the day, enjoy it – since adventure awaits tomorrow!
Karatu – Stunning Plantation Lodge
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Safari across the Plateaus
Serengeti National Park – Luxury Mobile Camp
Serengeti National Park – The Great Wildebeest Migration
Masai Mara – Welcome to Kenya
Masai Mara – In Search of Carnivores and Herbivores
Masai Mara – Hot Air Balloon Ride
Nairobi – Visit an Elephant Orphanage
Ruhengeri – Welcome to Rwanda
Ruhengeri – Endangered Mountain Gorillas
Ruhengeri – Hike the Mountains
Kigali – Departure
- Wind through the rainforest, descending over 2,000 feet to the base of Ngorongoro Crater under the watchful eye of prides of lion and lone leopards
- Traverse the plains of the Serengeti and the Masai Mara, in complete awe of the migrating two million wildebeest, impala and zebra
- Search the savannah for Africa’s famed Big Five: lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhinoceros
- Learn of the intricacies of the African bush with the countries’ most passionate and educated guides
- Marvel at a seven-foot tall silverback Mountain Gorilla and his family in Rwanda’s volcanic Virunga Mountains
- Pay tribute to the atrocities of the Rwandan Genocide at the thoughtful Kigali memorial
$13,515 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By nancy m.
Reviewed By ANURADHA K.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Ron S.
Reviewed By Erik A.
Reviewed By Monica C.