Embrace the wonder of Japan on this nine-day Japanese Discovery itinerary as you visit destinations steeped in ancient culture and rich history, all creatively blended with modern architecture and engineering delights. Experience traditional Japanese cuisine and the intriguing classic manzai comedy acts when visiting Osaka. From the populated city of Tokyo to the quiet village of Shirakawa-go, you will notice the sheer beauty and bold traditions of this striking island nation.
Tokyo - A Vibrant Arrival in Japan’s Brilliant Capital
Step into a blend of color and culture as you transfer from the airport to your accommodations, Tokyo’s diverse skyline flanking freeways and monorail tracks. Tokyo defines forward-thinking, yet retains intricate elements of historic charm. Have your pick between vintage clothing hubs in Shimokitazawa or the trendy shopping district of Ginza, decals and designs as unique as their creators. Step into the organized chaos of the Shibuya Crossing, surrounded by a blur of people rushing about and highlighted by the bright, electronic billboards seemingly floating in the air.
Kanazawa - Discover Historical Samurais, Geishas, and Gardens
Takayama - Encounter Museums and Mountains Via Shirakawa-go
Osaka - Experience a City of Captivating Cuisine and Entertainment
Osaka - Choose Your Osaka Adventure On a Custom City Tour
Koyasan - A Transcendent Temple Complex Experience
Kyoto - Monks, Monasteries, and Magnificent Kyoto
Kyoto - A Private Experience and Tea Time Delight
Kyoto - Travel to Tokyo for Departure
- Discover Tokyo’s traditional neighborhoods and cross the famous Shibuya crossing shoulder to shoulder with a bustling crowd
- Get a bird’s-eye view of Japan’s capital from the top of the Skytree Tower
- Enjoy picturesque water features and dramatic tree-lined pathways in the Kenrokuen Gardens in Kanazawa
- Wander around fascinating gassho-zukuri farmhouses at Shirakawa-go, admiring the surrounding Hida mountains and contrasting bright green rice fields
- Weave your way through the neon-lit streets in the Dotonbori district in Osaka, discovering local eateries and traditional cuisine
- Spend the night in a traditional Buddhist temple in Koyasan and take an evening walk along lantern-lit pathways through the Okunoin Cemetery
- Stroll along the peaceful Lake Biwa Canal in Kyoto and admire cherry blossoms if in bloom during your visit
- Don a traditional kimono and wander the streets of Kyoto
- Admire Mt. Fuji from the comfort of your train as you travel between Kyoto and Tokyo
$3,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By Kathleen K.
Reviewed By Felicia T.
Reviewed By Bonnie B.
Reviewed By Susann A.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Olivia A.