Explore ancient Rome, lose yourself in the charming hilltop city of Matera, and discover the distinguished character of Monopoli on this tailored 12-day tour through Italy. From basking in breathtaking views of the emerald countryside to basking in the pronounced flavors of Italian cuisine, every step of this journey showcases the fascinating culture and deep-rooted heritage that remains an integral part of the country today. Book your dream Italian vacation today.
Rome - Italy’s Captivating Capital
Rome’s cityscape reflects the history on which the city was built. A glance out of the airplane window will reveal archaic stone architecture sprawling in all directions around the Tiber River’s glimmering streams of water. It is in this Italian city that you will learn about the Roman way of life with explorations of museums and significant landmarks. For now, you will transfer to a hotel in the city and spend the afternoon and evening at your leisure.
Rome - Immersed in History
Rome - Legends of Ancient Rome
Rome - A Taste Tour to Die For
Matera - Casual Journey to Matera
Matera - Murgia National Park
Monopoli - Beautiful Moments in Bari
Monopoli - Italy’s Signature Dishes
Monopoli - Escape to Alberobello
Alberobello - Memories in Ostuni
Monopoli - Lecce and Otranto
Monopoli - One Last Taste of Italy
- Stroll through the hallowed grounds of the Vatican City to discover the spiritual heart of Italy as echoed by the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Stand in The Colosseum’s monumental arena and delve into the legends of Ancient Rome at Palatine Hill
- Broaden your culinary horizons with an authentic food tour of Rome’s signature meals at cherished restaurants and eateries
- Delve into the Neolithic history in which Murgia National Park’s Sassi districts are steeped in and tour its system of natural cave dwellings
- Peruse the spirited streets of Bari and peruse its buzzing shopping districts
- Visit a traditional Masseria, an Italian farmhouse, and learn to cook coveted Italian cuisine with a professional chef against a backdrop of the rolling green hills
- Appreciate the distinct designs of Alberobello’s conical huts that appear to be lifted from the pages of a fairytale
- Take a step back into the 17th Century as you tour the medieval town of Ostuni and admire the distinct architectural features of its landmarked locations
- Discern the Baroque designs speckled throughout the delightful towns of Lecce and Otranto
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Pamela W.
Reviewed By Kimberly R.
Reviewed By Nancy C.
Reviewed By Andrea J.
Reviewed By Armando R.
Reviewed By Barry N.