On this idyllic 7-day tour of Sardinia, turn your back on the well-trodden paths of Europe's popular cities and step into the rustic charm of Italy's Mediterranean islands. Including a visit to the nearby Corsican town of Bonifacio, this tour includes visits to Alghero, Aggius, and the Moon Valley. This itinerary provides a customizable balance of historical tours and activities to encounter the island's vibrant contemporary culture. Book your Sardinia adventure today!
Alghero – Sun-Baked Beaches
As the second-largest island in the Mediterranean, Sardinia could easily be its own country. As you will see, this attractive land off the western coast of Italy comes with its own regional dialect, indigenous culture, and an impressive history that dates all the way back to the Phoenicians and the Romans. Today, you will make your way by private transfer to the town of Alghero, which is situated on the island’s northwestern side. On the way, you will be able to enjoy a stop at the sun-baked La Pelosa beach, where you can relax or take a dip in the inviting water.
Alghero – An Idyllic Island Paradise
Aggius – The Region's Prehistoric Origins
Aggius – Sardinian Winemaking
Alghero – Neptune's Grotto
Alghero – The Famous Nuraghe
Alghero – Departure
- Bask in the brilliance of the Sardinian coastline's miles of pristine beaches that are punctuated by charming fishing villages and seaside cliffs
- Take to the waves on a scenic cruise across the Strait of Bonifacio to French territory and the island of Corsica
- Step into the granite-lined beauty of the Moon Valley, where Sardinia's early history is on display and an informative tour will ensure no question goes unanswered
- Sip you way through centuries of Sardinian winemaking on a visit to Castelsardo and a hospitable winery where you can sample the product of the island's fertile fields
- Stroll along the stretch of Sardinian coastline known as the Coral Riviera and witness the mythical allure of Neptune's Grotto, a sea cave tucked beneath abrupt limestone cliffs
- Discover the nearby town of Torralba, where the culture of Sardinia's early civilizations comes alive through the ruins and structures that are known as Nuraghe
$2,634 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.85 stars based on 53 reviews.
Reviewed By maryann v.
Reviewed By Tony A.
Reviewed By Hannah R.
Reviewed By Gregg D.
Reviewed By Rebecca R.
Reviewed By Sarah S.