Peaceful lakeside villages, forests with celebrated white truffles, and bright towns overlooking the Ligurian Sea combine to bring your picture-perfect personalized 12-day Northern Italy tour. The Italian Alps feature sparkling lakes and expansive vineyards. Dramatic cliffs plunge into Lake Garda. Whether enjoying the rugged mountains and the quiet plains, or indulging in the diverse flavors that are unique to each town, your Northern Italy tour unveils unrivaled charm and sophistication.
Venice – Arrive in the Fascinating City with an Introductory Tour
The legendary charm of Venice takes you back in time to the spirited height of the Republic with canals lined by marvelous marble palaces and piazzas hidden in the winding, labyrinthine lanes. The dramatic brick campanile soars above the skyline at 324 feet crowned with a golden figure of Archangel Gabriel. The scent of the pastries drifts through the doors of the countless pasticcerie while gondolas float along the tranquil waters. Your private transfer will greet you at Marco Polo Airport upon arrival and escort you to the edge of the Grand Canal, and then you will continue to the dock of your luxurious hotel by private vaporetto.
From the winding curve of the canal’s two-mile stretch, the city radiates exuberance and audacity. You can see the famous arching walkway of the Rialto Bridge and the distinctive façade of Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, which contains the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. Your guide greets you in the hotel lobby, after you have had a chance to settle into the comforts of the hotel, and leads you through an extensive introductory tour of Venice beginning at the Santa Maria dei Miracoli.
Gondolas linger by the water often dropping off or picking up newlyweds after their ceremony, and the comings and goings for locals and tourists alike provide much to watch. In 2019, the celebrated Venice Film Festival will take place between late August and early September with a slew of international filmmakers vying for the coveted Golden Lion award, bringing even more interest to the already fascinating streets.
Venice – Enjoy the Island of Murano and the Rich Cuisine of Venice
Sirmione – Charming Verona before Arriving in Luxurious Lake Garda
Sirmione – Traverse the Charismatic Towns around Lake Garda
Stresa – Lake Maggiore for a Relaxing Ambiance around Stresa
Stresa – The Elegant Atmosphere spanning Celebrated Lake Como
Rapallo – Venture to the Ligurian Sea by way of Renaissance Pavia
Rapallo – Relish a Day Discovering the Five Towns of Cinque Terre
Rapallo – Delight in a Boat Trip Uncovering the Alluring Bay of Poets
Turin – Navigate the Delicacies and Fine Wines of Asti and Alba
Turin – Discover the Grandeur and Splendors of Turin at your Leisure
Turin – Depart for Home
- Indulge in the relaxing ambiance of the alpine air of Lake Maggiore when visiting the elegant gardens and villa of Isola Bella
- Navigate the famous five towns of Cinque Terre with welcoming charms found along the Ligurian Sea, including a private wine tasting in Corniglia
- Savor the flavors of Alba when sampling delicacies garnished with white truffle alongside the remarkable complexities of wines like Barbera d’Alba
- Enjoy a private glassblowing demonstration in an artist’s studio in Murano, the historical and iconic glassblowing capital of Italy
- Wander the captivating art nouveau and Baroque architecture of Turin featuring the fabulous Museo Egizio, home to the largest collection of Egyptian antiquity outside of Egypt
- Explore the wealth of history hidden inside the seaside castle at Lerici with ample views to reveal the diverse history
- Discover the enchanting ambiance of Sirmione on Lake Garde through the tranquil streets, serene shoreline, and magnificent castle grounds
- Traverse the calm streets of Como, a town along the eponymous lake where alpine woodlands, clear waters, and elegant history combine
- Sample the delicious and diverse cuisine of Venice’s customary cicchetti inside the classic bacari
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By rich b.
Reviewed By William S.
Reviewed By Carol S.
Reviewed By alan d.
Reviewed By Jennifer J.