From the far western coast of Ireland to the islands fringing the Scottish West, from the shores of the sea in Wales to the banks of the Channel in Dover, the British Isles are a destination unlike anywhere else on earth as you will soon discover them on this unique best of the British Isles vacation tour.
Landing in the Heart of the Empire
Arrive this morning on the outskirts of London, the capital of the United Kingdom and the center of the world for nearly three hundred years. The might and sophistication of this great world city is ever present, from the Palace of Westminster to the Tower of London to St. Paul’s Cathedral. You might want to take the afternoon to see one of the city’s great cultural artifacts, from the Elgin Marbles at the British Museum to the hallowed remains of kings and queens that fill Westminster Abbey.
In the evening, visit one of London’s finest restaurants in its most fashionable districts, where classical French fare is right next door to deliciously authentic Indian cuisine, a gastronomical reminder of the many cultures that call London home. In the evening, see London from a very different side as you take a guided, illuminated cruise of the winding, majestic banks of the River Thames.
The Treasures of the English Countryside
From Wales to Waterford
The South of Ireland
Touring a Literary Hotspot
Into the North
The Stirring Capital of Bonnie Scotland
The Bard’s Birthplace
Saying Goodbye to the British Isles
- Untangle the mysteries at singular Stonehenge, a monument that is older than the pyramids of Giza, then engage in some Georgian high style at the fantastic resort town of Bath
- Hit the highlights of luxurious London, the center of the British Empire and one the world’s most important city
- Perambulate the famed streets of Dublin, a world capital that is unlike any you’ve ever seen, where the streets air filled with the stirring of song and the echo of the words of the great poets
- Walk the Royal Mile at Edinburgh and visit the Titanic Experience museum in Belfast as you experience the very best that these two capital cities have to offer
- Visit the birthplace and resting place of William Shakespeare at Stratford-Upon-Avon and explore the medieval life at York, from the towering spires of York Minster to the winding streets below
- Spend a day deep in the history of Ireland as you learn about hand weaving at Avoca and the ancient faith of Ireland at Glendalough, a monastery founded by St. Kevin nearly fifteen hundred years ago
Made up of four countries with similarities as deep as their differences, the British Isles is a part of the world with a cultural and political influence unlike most others on Earth. From the famous writers of Ireland, to the politicians and rulers of England, and the charismatic characters from the annals of Scottish history; the appeal of these countries lies as much in the appeal of the people as it does in the land or the cities. For ten days, you’ll gain an intimate acquaintance with all of it on this custom vacation tour; with all of the treasures this remarkable region has to offer, you are sure to leave with a new appreciation for the British Isles’ undeniable allure. These are the countries that gave the world Stevenson and Joyce and Churchill, the countries that gave the world Waterford Crystal and luxury ocean liners and the Parliamentary system, the countries that gave the world the Emerald Isle and the British Empire and the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond.
Visit the national monuments at Stonehenge, Cardiff Castle and Holyroodhouse and you see the great cultural achievements of these countries. Marvel at the rolling beauty of the Salisbury Plains, the towering reaches of Macgillycuddy’s Reeks and the boundless beauty of the Scottish lowlands as you take in the natural wonders of the Isles. Learn about Shakespeare, Scotland’s political history and how the world’s finest crystal is made as you immerse yourself in the area’s past. However you experience wonder, adventure and true complete joy, you are sure to find it in droves in the brilliant British Isles.
Relevant information: Visit the vacations to Europe page for more travel planning ideas.
$4,545 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on
Reviewed By Bert M.
Reviewed By Joel J.
Reviewed By Linda T.
Reviewed By sindey L.
Reviewed By Rochelle C.
Reviewed By Suzanne P.