Escape to the sweeping desert sands of Egypt to unearth the country’s incredible ancient history during this 12-day exploration of the heritage highlights of Cairo, phenomenal spiritual culture of Luxor, majestic oasis of Aswan, and comfortable resort destination of Sharm El Sheikh. This customizable vacation combines favorites for history buffs and experiences for travelers searching for a sensational setting featuring magnificent views of North Africa’s sandy lands and the Red Sea.
Cairo - Welcome to the Sand Seas of Egypt
Egypt’s capital city Cairo is built on the sands ancient settlers wandered thousands of years ago, around the corner from the foundations of the great Egyptian empires of old. Today, Cairo rises above the desert landscape and looms over the historic Nile River, a source of nourishment and lifeforce for the surrounding sand seas of Egypt. You will land at Cairo International Airport, meet your transfer, and make your way to an accommodation pinned in the heart of the city’s busy center. Here you will spend your evening acclimating to the buoyant Egyptian atmosphere built on years of history.
Cairo - Tour the Treasures of Ancient Egypt
Cairo - Multicultural Influence of Ancient Alexandria
Luxor - Highlights of the City of Cairo
Luxor - The Karnak and Luxor Temples
Luxor - See the Egyptian Desert from the Sky
Aswan - The Edfu and Philae Temples
Aswan - Astonishing Scenes at the Abu Simbel Temples
Sharm El Sheikh - Sensations of the Straits of Tiran
Sharm El Sheikh - Surreal Snorkeling in the Red Sea
Sharm El Sheikh - Memorable Experiences in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh - Morning Strolls on Golden Sands
- Cross the sand seas of Egypt surrounding Cairo to unpack the history of Ancient Egypt within the famous Cheops Pyramid, beneath the towering apex of the Great Pyramid of Giza, and around the impressively constructed Great Sphinx
- Tour Egypt’s second capital, Alexandria, that displays a wealth of heritage in its symbolic structures including the colossal Pompey's Pillar, multicultural catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, and the Great Library of Alexandria
- Discover Cairo’s timeless historic highlights including the Citadel of Saladin’s stately fortress, the ancient relics of artifacts housed within the Egyptian Museum, and the curiosities of the Khan el-Khalili bazaar
- Wander the spiritual grounds of the Karnak and Luxor Temples, appreciating the two millennia-old history on which they stand proudly representing the visions of generations of pharaohs who commanded the construction of their impressive complexes in Luxor
- Soar over Luxor and the greater West Bank of the Egyptian desert in a hot air balloon before you discover the region’s historic highlights including the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, and Colossi of Memnon
- Admire the Greek-built architecture in honor of ruling pharaohs of the Edfu Temple before you arrive in Aswan and enjoy a romantic cruise to the alluring Philae Temple stationed on an island flourishing with emerald vegetation on the Nile
- Partake in a romantic and calming felucca, or traditional Egyptian sailboat, ride on the Nile River around Kitchener Island to the stately and revered Agha Khan Mausoleum
- Visit the massive rock-cut temples of Abu Simbel to appreciate the region’s incredible and powerful history reflected in the momentous and meticulous carvings, statues, and chambers of the Nubian monument
$4,051 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Karen B.
Reviewed By Ronit A.
Reviewed By Jana B.
Reviewed By Judith R.
Reviewed By Donna M.
Reviewed By Cesar c.