The history of beer can be traced to a small corner of Europe, and that is exactly where this 10-day Germany Beer tour leads. Taste your way through breweries and beer gardens with brewmasters and expert guides that can lead the way. Indulge in the original pilsner, Kulmach’s wheat beers, Bamberg’s craft diversity, Cologne’s Kölsch, and Munich’s original beer halls during your buzz-filled ten days in Germany.
Munich – A City with over 400 Biergartens
Munich is the most iconic city to start any beer tour. Beer has its origins in this corner of Europe, and the Bavarian capital has over 400 biergartens in addition to beer houses, both large and small. You will be greeted at the airport by a local guide and transferred to your hotel in the city. There will not be too much time for drinking today, but you can get a flavor of the beer gardens with your local guide. A dinner visit to Hofbrauhaus will be a great introduction for what is to come. After your flight, you may want an early night.
Munich – Beer Gardens and Breweries
Munich – Tasting with Brewers
Plzen – A Day in Czech at the Birthplace of Beer
Kulmbach – Iconic Wheat Beers
Bayreuth – The World’s Largest Beer Museum
Bamberg – Germany’s Eclectic Collection of Craft Brews
Cologne – Immersed in Kolsch
Cologne – Drunken Secrets of Kolsch Cologne Brewery
Cologne – Departure
- Savor Munich’s finest beers during with days in the city’s most traditional beer halls and biergartens
- Explore Cologne’s historic breweries and learn the secrets of Kolsch from master brewers
- Hop across the border into the Czech Republic and spend a day in the true home of beer: Plzen
- Uncover the town with more beers than any other in Germany on a day of craft breweries in Bamberg
- Feast your senses on the world’s largest beer museum, which is just one highlight from a day in Bayreuth
- Appreciate breweries on a mass scale with behind-the-scenes tours of the Ayinger and Paulaner breweries in Munich
- Drink your way through the best of the Franconia region, including Kulmach’s iconic wheat beers
$3,895 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 58 reviews.
Reviewed By Stan S.
Reviewed By Armine I.
Reviewed By Helena F.
Reviewed By Miriam M.
Reviewed By Jeff P.
Reviewed By TK O.