You will find the true jewel of a Botswana safari on your 9-day Okavango Delta tour over the land and water. Your exclusive luxury safari will take you on guided excursions through the canals lined with towering reeds and over captivating emerald grasslands. You can discover wildlife grazing by the waterside and bask in luxury accommodations set beneath the stars for an unparalleled experience on your Botswana safari.
Shakawe - Welcome to Botswana
Shakawe is a serene paradise on the banks of the Okavango River. The crystal clear waters create an exquisite setting coupled with a luxury lodge overlooking the tranquil riverbanks, the expanse of papyrus, and the small channel filled with exotic birdlife. Your charter flight will land at the Shakawe landing strip, where your guide will meet you upon arrival. Your room will feel tucked away amid the shady ravine forest where you will have a private deck that looks out over a small channel. The music of the Botswana wilderness will become your soundtrack as the water rushes nearby and the birdlife calls out at sunset. At dinner, you will enjoy the aromas of delicious dishes as the music of the Okavango River surges after dark. The dining area, lounges, and deck will all offer magnificent views to the water as you spend the evening relaxing in the secluded ambiance of the luxury lodge.
Okavango River - Boat Cruise on the Okavango River
Okavango Delta - Game Viewing, Photography, and Fishing in the Okavango
Okavango Delta - Explore More of the Okavango River
Moremi Game Reserve - Boat Cruise to Chief’s Island
Moremi Game Reserve - Revel in Game Drives and Mokoro
Okavango Delta - Cruise to Okavango Delta Camp
Okavango Delta - Meet the Local Elephants
Maun - Depart for Home
- Experience a truly unique excursion of a morning walk with a protected elephant herd in a private concession along the Okavango Delta
- Delight in exceptional game drives led by specialist guides knowledgeable in the local wildlife, wilderness, and regional ecological history
- Discover wildlife from the distinctive perspective of a traditional dugout canoe known as a mokoro that allows you to travel the narrow channels of the Okavango Delta
- Enjoy the fascinating diversity of the Okavango Delta with specialized safaris focusing on birding, photography, or fishing
- Bask in a more intimate wildlife experience on a walking safari where you can search for animal tracks, bird feathers, or other signs of active wildlife
- Indulge in the comforts of luxury tented safari camps for secluded islands around the Okavango Delta for special views of the local wildlife
- Witness the spectacular game viewing and luxurious accommodations on Chief’s Island with possible sightings of cheetah, lion, leopard, and elephants
- Relax with effortless transfers into the wilderness with fly-in luxury safari experiences to the northern Okavango Delta region
$12,865 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Jessica C.
Reviewed By Danielle B.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Nancy R.
Reviewed By Kristen K.