Zambia radiates adventure, and many possibilities are found in Africa’s under-visited gem. Enjoy dramatic big-game safari throughout day and night, camp amongst thousands of elephants, take a microlight flight over Victoria Falls, and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the wildlife world. Carefully tailored for solo travelers, this 11-day adventure is packed with highlights like these. Some days provide intrepid solo adventure, and others join fellow safari goers in Zambia’s wilderness.
Livingstone – Hippos Welcome You to Zambia
Africa holds such exotic images in the mind, sculpted from depictions and scenes that adorn documentaries and the imagination. It promises so much, and this land is where elephants roam free, and the wilderness feels like it can continue for eternity. Such images naturally create an expectation, and Zambia does not disappoint. Landing in Livingstone provides a realization that the preconceived exoticism cannot get close to portraying just how raw and real the continent can be. Zebra flit around, visible from your veranda, and Baboons can be heard shouting, and are seen as they charge across the panorama. Set off on a Zambezi River cruise, and hippos are ambling out of the water, filling the riverbanks with iconicity as sundowner drinks are served. Within three hours of landing, you could have seen 10 different species, all of them endemic to Africa. And when the night takes hold, you realize you can never be alone here, not with so many animals sending their calls through the dark.
Livingstone – Discovering Victoria Falls from Three Different Angles
Livingstone – Walking and Driving with the Rhinos of Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
Livingstone – Rafting the Zambezi and Other Outdoor Adventures
Chobe National Park (Botswana) – Surrounded by the World’s Biggest Elephant Herds
Chobe National Park (Botswana) – Mobile Camping and Game Drive Adventure in Magnificent Chobe
Livingstone to South Luangwa National Park – An Intimate Night Safari
Day 8 - 10
South Luangwa National Park – Exploring the Dramatic Big-Game World
South Luangwa National Park – Departure
- Experience one of Africa’s greatest safaris with four nights in South Luangwa National Park, tracking big cats and giant mammals throughout the day and night
- Be surrounded by the world’s largest elephant population on a two-day safari to Chobe National Park, an excellent short trip from Livingstone for solo travelers
- Indulge all your senses in Victoria Falls, walking alongside the spectacle then taking a microlight flight above them
- Feel the thrill as you walk close to white rhinos in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, the horned giants joined by giraffe, zebra, and other iconic animals on the savannah
- Go on a solo mobile camping adventure in Chobe, experiencing the subtle beauty of the landscape, and how its drifting sounds and sights bring nuance to the wild atmosphere
- Join other safari goers in South Luangwa, sharing the experience but still being able to fully customize your own program, incorporating a choice of walks and drives
- Watch baboons and antelope from your lodge on the Zambezi, then see hippos out of the water on a sunset cruise
- Try some of Livingstone’s unique adventures, like whitewater rafting on the Zambezi or even a bungee jump off the bridge between Zambia and Zimbabwe
$14,152 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Tee B.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Amen W.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By rachel c.