Join in the celebration of Beethoven’s 250th birthday on this Austrian tour that includes exclusive access to the highlights of his life history. Step out of the concert halls and into the life of Beethoven, his iconic symphonies your soundtrack as you follow the timeline of the composer’s inspirations around Vienna and the Austrian countryside. Experience Beethoven’s perspective with immersive museums that display his original annotated music and private tours of his homes in which he cultivated...
Vienna - Arrive in Glamorous Vienna
The city of Vienna is a Baroque masterpiece with hints of imperial grandeur. The musical heritage of Vienna is rich with famous composers, from Mozart to Schubert. Opulent coffee houses are filled with aromas of roasted beans and sweet cakes, while wine taverns fringe the city and offer traditional local delicacies.
You will make your way to the city that Beethoven called home from 1792 until his death in 1827. Upon your arrival at Vienna’s international airport, your private transfer will escort you from customs to the beauty of your luxurious hotel that blends Austrian tradition with contemporary comforts. The remainder of the day will be at your leisure to enjoy the charm of Vienna, from the grandiosity of Schönbrunn Palace’s 1,441 rooms to St. Stephen’s Cathedral’s elegant 15th-century tower that stands over 449 feet tall.
Vienna - Explore Beethoven’s Vienna
Vienna - Embrace Inspiration and Luxury in the Austrian Countryside
Vienna - Enjoy Theater and Austrian Delicacies
Vienna - Beethoven’s Bucolic Countryside
Vienna - Blend Beethoven’s City with How you Experience Vienna
Vienna - Depart for Home or Continue to Bonn with Optional Add-On
- Discover the secluded landmarks of inspiration including the Black Tower, Liechtenstein Castle, and Two Ravens Inn, where Beethoven was first moved by Austria’s traditional musical sound and musicians
- Explore the 16th-century palace of one of Beethoven’s patrons, where annotated scores of Beethoven’s work remain on display
- Wander the home in Baden bei Wien where Beethoven composed sections of his renowned Symphony no. 9
- Indulge in the relaxing ambiance and uplifting splendor of Baden bei Wien’s curative sulfur baths that once drew Beethoven to the spa town
- Take in the surroundings of Beethoven’s apartment in Mödling where he wrote sections of Missa Solemnis, Symphony No. 9, and Piano Sonata No. 29
$5,182 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By Joel C.
Reviewed By debra P.
Reviewed By Maynard T.
Reviewed By Linda G.
Reviewed By Kent P.
Reviewed By Susan D.