Trek the remarkably rugged and breathtaking Argentine and Chilean Patagonia on this 15-day active adventure hiking tour to El Calafate, Torres del Paine National Park, and El Chalten in the Los Glaciares National Park. Your travels will start and end in the cultural capital of Buenos Aires but take you to experience the impressive glaciers, challenging trails, magnificent landscapes, and momentous mountain ranges Patagonia is famous for along the way.
Buenos Aires - Explore the Barrios of Buenos Aires
Your active adventure in Argentina will begin in Buenos Aires, the South American country’s bustling capital city. A driver will collect you from the airport and take you through the city’s vibrant, colorful districts to accommodation around the corner from the action. Buenos Aires is a fascinating place to wander and you will happily explore the charming barrios, or neighborhoods, to take in the absorbing atmosphere, watch tango performers twirl around Plaza squares, and tuck into Argentine Asado, a traditional barbeque of grilled meats with cultural spices.
Buenos Aires - Cultural Immersion in the Capital
El Calafate - Patagonian Pictures of Laguna Nimez
El Calafate - Across the Rico Arm of Perito Moreno Glacier
Torres del Paine National Park - To Puerto Natales and Chile Patagonia
Torres del Paine National Park - Surreal Spectacles at Mirador las Torres
Torres del Paine National Park - Casual Meander to Los Cuernos
Torres del Paine National Park - Journey to the French Valley
Torres del Paine National Park - Gallivant to the Grey Glacier
El Chalten - Head for the Los Glaciares National Park
El Chalten - The Classic Torre Lagoon Trek
El Chalten - Laguna de Los Tres Trek to Fitz Roy
El Chalten - Amble from Town to Laguna Capri
Buenos Aires - Back to Where It All Began
Buenos Aires - Farewell, South America
- Immerse yourself in Argentine culture as you explore the Claustros Históricos Basílica del Pilar and graveyard in Recoleta, Plaza de Mayo, La Boca, Casa Rosada, and more on a Buenos Aires private city tour
- Tuck into Argentinian cuisine, such as an authentic Asado barbeque, with the locals and enjoy the opportunity to watch talented Tango dancers perform the night away in the colorful port town of La Boca
- Trek across the icy catwalks of the Rico Arm of Perito Moreno Glacier in El Calafate and absorb Argentine Patagonia from a boat sailing the serene waters surrounding Puerto Bajo las Sombras
- Hike the Mirador las Torres trail and witness the sparkling waters of Nordenskjöld and the craggy cliffs of Almirante Nieto before you reach the views of Torre Sur, Torre Central, and Torre Norte in Torres del Paine National Park
- Pass colorful flower groves and lush emerald slopes during a casual meander to Los Cuernos against a backdrop of the Paine Massif and Nordenskjöld Lake
- Journey up the French Valley to observe the colossal hanging glacier and continue to witness views of the remarkably rugged and massive mountains that surround Mirador Britanico
- Climb the steep surfaces and descend the rolling valleys en route to the Grey Glacier before you relish a peaceful catamaran cruise across the shimmering blue waters of Pehoé Lake
- Embrace Patagonia like never before during a slow and sensational saunter on the classic Torre Lagoon trek in the shadows of the Adela range
- Challenge yourself with the rewarding Laguna de Los Tres trek to lofty lookout points that overlook the towing mountain face of Fitz Roy past the red algae rocks of Del Salto stream valley en route
- Amble from town to Laguna Capri past the De las Vueltas river to Fitz Roy viewpoint overlooking the mountain and Piedras Blancas glacier
$6,430 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Kristin B.
Reviewed By Jillian K.
Reviewed By Mary E.
Reviewed By John P.
Reviewed By Elaine J.
Reviewed By Chris G.