The world of Lord and Lady Grantham will burst into life during your handcrafted tour of England, which is inspired by the upcoming Downton Abbey film and the series most beloved characters. Experience the grandeur and the elegance of the British aristocracy of the 1920s as the Granthams prepared to welcome the King and Queen to Downton in the 1927 setting of the film. Travel through London to follow the life of the royals, and then step into etiquette lessons in connection to the strict...
London – Arrive in England’s Capital with a Walking Tour
London is an iconic city that is filled with Gothic architecture and grand fashion, symbolizing the global power and long arm of the former British Empire. The vibrant city possesses architecture that is steeped in history and culture, deriving from legendary, independent thinkers of music, poetry, fiction, and other artwork. The landscape showcases two different cities with Central London, embodying the heritage of England in the guise of museums, galleries, and the towering figure of the Parliament building that is set against panoramas of the River Thames. Your flight will arrive at Heathrow Airport, where your private transfer will greet you upon your arrival and escort you to the comforts of your luxurious accommodation in the heart of the city.
You can take your time to settle into the beauty of your hotel and the charming ambiance of London’s cosmopolitan streets. Your guide will meet you at your hotel and will be eager to introduce you to the city during a private tour that will quickly immerse you in the contemporary pulse of the city. Your tour will also embrace the iconic beauty that is featured in the preserved architecture, fascinating traditions, and the unforgettable connection to Downton Abbey at sites like the Bridgewater House in Westminster, which acted as the home of the Crawley family in London during Rose’s stay in the city for her debutante ball and wedding. As you stroll through the city, your guide will lead you to the unforgettable highlights that stretch from Trafalgar Square to Piccadilly Circus and from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey.
You can easily imagine the Granthams strolling through Kensington Gardens. The scents of roses from the covered arches and hedges near the sunken gardens fill the air, fading beneath the aromas of apples and jasmine that are growing in the Kensington Garden Allotment. The palace looms over the forecourt as the London residence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and is set beside the charming ambiance of the Orangery Cafe. The Serpentine Gallery in the gardens exhibits over 9,687 square feet of artwork, offering visitors a new cultural center in the heart of London with a history of showcasing artists, such as Andy Warhol and Henry Moore.
London – Explore Lady Edith Pelham’s Glamorous London
London – Discover the Regal London of George V and Queen Mary
London – Experience the Rituals and Flavors of Carson & Mrs. Patmore’s London
Windsor – Enjoy an Immersion into the World of Lord & Lady Grantham
Hampshire/Berkshire – Traverse Downton Abbey at Highclere Castle
Wiltshire – Travel into Wiltshire following Tom Branson’s Return
Day 8 - 9
County Durham & Yorkshire – Explore the Life of Lady Mary Talbot
A Fond Farwell
- Embrace the grandeur, charm, and sophistication of Downton Abbey with a tour of Highclere Castle and an elegant picnic to commemorate the life of the Dowager, Lady Violet Crawley
- Respect the ways of Carson as you learn the rules of etiquette and the ways of 1920’s society as they are taught by a Royal Butler with a lavish afternoon tea at the Ritz
- Indulge in the delicious and subtle flavors of 1920s Britain with a private cooking class that is focused on the recipes of Mrs. Patmore
- Immerse yourself in the world of Lady Mary’s contemporaries as you walk in the footsteps of the real-life Mary, Princess Royal, and Countess of Harewood when touring the Gallery and the exceptional terraces of Harewood House, which is featured in the film
- Relive the bustling and fast-paced ambiance of Jazz Age London in connection with Lady Edith during an evening at a prestigious jazz club with a vintage dress code
- Learn the delicate skill of skeet shooting with a private instructor in Windsor following in the avid hunting lifestyle of Lord Grantham
- Bask in the tranquil ambiance, gentle breeze, and exquisite views of a hot-air balloon ride over Lacock Village in the famous Cotswolds
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 374 reviews.
Reviewed By Sherry D.
Reviewed By Danielle B.
Reviewed By Lynn G.
Reviewed By Fred M.
Reviewed By Thomas D.
Reviewed By Amy T.