Zimbabwe’s national parks redefine adventure as these are Africa’s wild frontiers. You can walk with rhinos and then disappear into rugged mountains, canoe past hippos and then find carnivores on the ancient plains. This two-week safari explores the country’s mostly unknown and unseen parks with eight distinctive destinations that dance with originality and delight in their wildlife charm. Intrepid and evocative, this is a journey into Africa in ways rarely seen.
Victoria Falls – Fresh Perspectives on Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls rumbles insatiably into a narrow chasm and spray rises, ascending over 300 meters into the air, visible from your lodge on the Zambezi River. Travel to the falls by boat, and the further you go downriver, the louder the roar of the water. Stop at an island on the precipice to be surrounded by the relentless power of Victoria Falls. Then walk alongside the falls, crossing to the opposite side of the chasm for an immersion in the visuals. The spray rains down and sometimes you get soaked before running for the cover of bushes and appreciating the brief moments when the entire falls are visible in a single view. From here you can descend, to a peaceful spot beneath the falls, ideal for recovering your breath and smiling about the spectacle you have just seen. Return to the lodge by road for a relaxed evening at your lodge.
Victoria Falls – Wild Dogs Denning in Zambezi National Park
Day 3 - 4
Chizarira National Park – Remote Wilderness Area
Matusadona National Park – Tracking the Rhinos
Matusadona National Park – Zimbabwe’s Densest Population of Lions
Mana Pools National Park – Canoeing Past the Elephants
Mana Pools National Park – Walking among the Herds
Day 9 - 10
Nyanga National Park – Hiking and Birding in Resplendent Mountains
Day 11 - 13
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve and Gonarezhou National Park – Classic Big Five Safari Without the Crowds
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve to Johannesburg – Departure
- Track both black and white rhinos in Matusadona National Park between boat safaris amongst the hippos and game drives to Zimbabwe’s highest concentration of lions
- Wander through the spray and gain the ultimate perspective on Victoria Falls, the sounds as impressive as the sights
- Search for wild dogs that make their dens in Zambezi National Park for an insider’s perspective on one of Africa’s great hunters
- Spend two days roaming the unexplored trails of Chizarira National Park and enjoy mobile camps in the country’s most remote wilderness area
- Paddle past the elephants on a unique canoe safari in Mana Pools National Park, a day on the water complemented by a day on land in this sublime wetland park
- Go where few visitors ever go with two days of hiking in the mountains of Nyanga National Park, home to various antelope and remarkable birdlife
- Complete your two-week adventure with three days of classic safari in the Big Five Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve, a private concession that borders the enormous and untouched Gonarezhou National Park
$12,735 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 375 reviews.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Linda R.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Brenda W.
Reviewed By Marcia H.