Wild dogs denning, rhinos roaming, lions and leopards hunting and elephants congregating around parched waterholes abound as you visit Zimbabwe in the dry season. You can explore some of Africa’s greatest safari scenes at the ultimate time of the year as the months between June to September are prime for exceptional wildlife sightings. However, unlike many other African destinations, Zimbabwe’s dry season is not crowded with tourists, so the region will be like your own wilderness playground.
Victoria Falls – Sunset Cruise on the Iconic Zambezi River
There is something spectacular about a Zambezi River cruise at sunset as the golden colors bounce off of the water as your sunset cruise offers an idyllic atmosphere. Landscapes of blue and green stretch out with nothing artificial breaking nature’s spell. At the same time, there are moments of drama with hippos barreling out of the water and Nile crocodiles menacingly sulking into the river. Nothing feels real as the combination of fine dining and cocktails meets four-legged giants and unbroken wilderness. This experience on the Zambezi River is just an introduction, as you can expect a similar atmosphere in all the destinations on this safari with a rich mix of contemporary luxury and the authenticity of wild Africa.
Victoria Falls – Zambezi National Park for Wild Dog Denning Season
Victoria Falls – The Perfect Time of Year to View Victoria Falls
Hwange National Park – Elephants Crowding Around the Watering Hole
Day 5 - 6
Hwange National Park – Classic Big Game Safari
Mana Pools National Park – Walking and Canoeing in a Big-Game Landscape
Mana Pools National Park – Fabulous Game Viewing in a Park That’s Never Crowded
Matusadona National Park (Lake Kariba) – In Search of Zimbabwe’s Black and White Rhinos
Day 10 - 11
Matusadona National Park – Lakeside Escapism
Matusadona National Park to Victoria Falls – Departure
- Watch elephant herds quarrel around the frazzled waterholes of Hwange National Park, with hundreds of them in your single view
- Easily find the predators in Zimbabwe’s iconic parks, the short grass failing to hide lions, leopards, cheetahs, and other carnivores
- Admire black and white rhinos in Matusadona National Park, the often bashful creatures emerging from parched bushes
- Savor the enhanced intimacy of Mana Pools National Park as you canoe into the narrow river channels that are packed with resident game
- Discover Victoria Falls at the best time of year, the water gushing relentlessly but the spray not sufficient to interrupt great photography
- Go in search of wild dogs in Zambezi National Park, an iconic animal that makes its den during the dry season months
- Complement your game drives with journeys on two feet, the dry season months best for walking safaris in Zimbabwe’s three flagship parks
- Enjoy a Zimbabwe safari at the ultimate time of year, but still, find the parks mostly devoid of other visitors and vehicles
- Cruise along the Zambezi River at sunset, the idyllic introduction to Zimbabwe’s natural landscapes and surreal atmosphere
- Lounge along the shores of Lake Kariba in Matusadona National Park, a relaxing final stop on the safari program, perfect for lazy hours as Africa’s giants send out their calls from afar
$8,107 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Philippe G.