Both bafflingly beautiful and incredibly remote, there is something ineffable about the Zambezi River and its surroundings. Wilderness and wildlife thrive here as elephants and buffalo are among those that swim between countries. With eight full days of immersion in the world of big-game, this diverse safari explores the Zimbabwean and Zambian sides, from Victoria Falls to lakes of hippos, walks with rhinos to a profusion of big cats. Welcome to untouched Southern Africa, inexpressible until you...
Harare – Colorful Introduction to Zimbabwe’s Capital
Harare surprises with its city center built in the 1960s and 1970s that have been mostly unchanged since, save for the coating of dust and elaborate shocks of color. Not everyone would call it attractive, but you will have a real sense of landing in Africa and being somewhere entirely unique. And while the museums are not modern, but they tell the poignant tale of the country and its past. Spending the day can be unavoidable given flight schedules, but will certainly not be a day wasted as you will be accompanied by a local guide and driver the whole time you are in Harare, picked up from the airport and given a tour of a city that hides a certain grace. The evening will be quiet, allow you to relax in the city’s best hotel as you await the safari to begin.
Matusadona National Park – Escaping Into a World of Rhinos and Hippos
Matusadona National Park – The Relaxed Start
Hwange National Park – Following the Big Cats in an Exclusive Concession
Day 5 - 6
Hwange National Park – Zimbabwe’s Flagship Safari Experience
Victoria Falls – The Beauty of the Falls From the Zimbabwean Side
Victoria Falls to Livingstone – Crossing the Famous Bridge to Zambia and Exploring David Livingstone’s Legacy
Lower Zambezi National Park – Snorkeling Elephants
Day 10 - 11
Lower Zambezi National Park – Iconic Wetland Safari
Livingstone – Departure
- Explore the indefinable as you trace the Big Five across the wilderness as your safari reveals both a diversity of life and a profusion of giants
- Encounter both rhino subspecies in Matusadona National Park, with the option to swap the safari vehicle for a meeting on foot
- Blend escapism with enchantment as you relax on the shores of Lake Kariba, an idyllic introduction to big-game safari
- Watch the animals swim between Zimbabwe and Zambia, your lodge in Lower Zambezi National Park perfectly positioned for this unique phenomenon
- Fully discover the beauty of Victoria Falls by witnessing the spectacle from both countries, as well as crossing the bridge over the Zambezi that separates them
- Track the big cats on the savannah of Hwange National Park, the epic wilderness that makes Zimbabwe such an unmissable African destination
- Compare the savannah with the wetlands during three days in Zambia’s Lower Zambezi National Park, such diversity of wildlife filling this famous river landscape
- Connect with distinctive aspects of culture, a night in Harare contrasting with a day spent in Livingstone
- A varied safari program keeps every day fresh and enthralling, with drives at night, game walks, and safari along the water
$6,295 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 132 reviews.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Daniel N.
Reviewed By Hal C.
Reviewed By Grace H.
Reviewed By kim b.