Chimpanzees walking on two legs, wild dogs hunting down waterbucks, lions basking on the desert savannah; Uganda may be famous for gorillas, but its mystical array of national parks celebrate the unique and exotic of an African safari. This 2-week adventure connects the country’s hidden destinations, from Kidepo Valley in the northeast to the Semuliki rainforest and a deserted island in Lake Victoria, without forgetting an evocative gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Entebbe – The Charms of the Colonial Capital
The broad boulevards of Entebbe are an ode to a distant era. They’re flanked by crumbling colonial townhouses, many of which stand in a redolent state of partial ruin, juxtaposing the vivacious trees that arc over the pot-holed tarmac. These boulevards run down to Lake Victoria, where a light breeze reveals why Entebbe was chosen as the colonial headquarters. It’s all a huge contrast to the modern national and commercial capital, Kampala.
Your international flight lands at Entebbe International, a short transfer away from your comfortable hotel, your base for the first day of this Ugandan adventure. Entebbe is filled with charms, and an insider’s tour opens up buildings that are usually closed to the public. You’ll explore the insides of the townhouses, where there’s a quaint sense of forgotten grandeur. It’s a leisurely tour, mostly done on foot, followed by a relaxed dinner overlooking the colors of the lake.
Kidepo Valley National Park – Safari in Uganda’s Northeastern Frontier
Day 3 - 4
Kidepo Valley National Park – The Big-Game Magic of East Africa’s Hidden Destination
Semuliki National Park – Aerial Safari Across Uganda
Day 6 - 7
Semuliki National Park – On the Trail of Chimpanzees
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Experience the Tropical Rainforest
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Gorilla Trekking Experience
Lake Mburo National Park – Horse Riding Safari Through Big-Game Country
Lake Mburo National Park – Walking Safari and Nighttime Game Drive
Day 12 - 13
Bulago Island – Pure Serenity on a Deserted Island in Lake Victoria
Entebbe – Depart for Home
- Discover one of Africa’s final frontiers with evocative big-game safari in Kidepo Valley National Park, a distant savannah that’s visited only by 3,000 visitors a year
- Trek through the Semuliki Forest in search of chimpanzees walking upright, something that is almost impossible to find anywhere else in Africa
- Feel the goosebumps rise as you spend an hour with a wild gorilla troop in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Horse ride and walk through the big-game country of Lake Mburo, a charming and intimate national park that’s all about close experiences
- Escape into the serenity of Bulago Island, a hidden enclave in the heart of Lake Victoria
- Savor the charms of the old colonial capital with an insider’s tour of Entebbe
- Soar across Uganda in a light aircraft, enjoying sublime aerial views of one of Africa’s most beautiful, yet most misunderstood nations
- Settle into the luxury of Uganda’s best lodges, each enhancing your immersion in the magic of nature
$6,995 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 43 reviews.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By Janice K.
Reviewed By Jackie M.
Reviewed By Jose A.
Reviewed By Penelope P.
Reviewed By Jessica H.