Mountain gorillas thump their chests, tree-climbing lions survey the savannah, while wild rhinos and chimpanzees are tracked on foot. Uganda is filled with the most exquisite of wildlife experiences, a range of national parks offering a seductive mix of endangered species and unique activities. This 3-week safari explores the best of this mystical country, culminating in two gorilla treks and a few days of peaceful serenity on Lake Bunyonyi and Lake Victoria.
Entebbe – All the Colors and Charms of Old-World Uganda
Entebbe is frozen in time. Broad boulevards are flanked by colonial villas, their pastel colors softly faded by the African sun. It's quiet and inviting, a breeze flicking off Lake Victoria and rustling through the bougainvillea vines. Draped across the lake's shore, Entebbe still feels like an old-world colonial city, with architectural treasures rising above the water. It's an idyllic place to spend the first day in Uganda, the village-like feel and soothing waters quick to squash any travel fatigue. You'll be greeted at Entebbe International Airport and transferred to your five-star hotel on the lakeshore.
Jinja – Kampala City Tour and the Source of the River Nile
Jinja – White-water Rafting Along the Nile River
Masindi – Wild Rhino Tracking at Zziwa Sanctuary
Murchison Falls National Park – The Thunderous Cascades of Murchison
Murchison Falls National Park – Big Game Safari by Vehicle and Boat
Kibale Forest National Park – Unusual Primates in the Forest
Kibale Forest National Park – Unique Chimpanzee Tracking
Semuliki National Park – Exclusive Nighttime Big Game Safari
Semuliki National Park – Second Chimpanzee Tracking Experience
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Tree-Climbing Lions and More Safari Highlights
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Boat Safari and Game Drives Around the Kazinga Channel
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – From Big Cats to Big Apes
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Second Gorilla Trekking Experience
Day 16 - 17
Lake Bunyonyi – Relaxing Along the Mystical Lake
Day 18 - 20
Ssese Islands – Escaping to the Island Charms of Lake Victoria
Ssese Islands – Departure
- Savor the charms of tracking wild mountain gorillas and visit two distinctive gorilla troops in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Admire the emotion and interactions of wild chimpanzees with chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest and Semuliki National Parks
- Wander across the savannah and track wild rhinos on foot at Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Discover the abundant hippos and elephants of Murchison Falls National Park, with game drives and boat safaris bringing an array of other wildlife treasures
- Gorillas and chimpanzees are just two of dozens of unusual primate species to be found in Uganda, and each of the five national parks visited offers an alluring mix of monkeys and other apes
- Explore a nocturnal world with a nighttime big-game safari in Semuliki National Park
- Find rare tree-climbing lions to be amongst the highlights of two days of safari in the exceptional Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Complete the Ugandan experience with five days of serene lake relaxation, first on the mystical Lake Bunyonyi, then on a small island in Lake Victoria
$27,295 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on 53 reviews.
Reviewed By Joe R.
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Gina W.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Katherine M.
Reviewed By Emily F.