Discover legendary Portugal during this meticulously curated 12-day tour to the country’s iconic cityscapes, dreamy UNESCO World Heritage Sites, unassuming quaint towns, and historic cultural destinations. From the flavors of Lisbon to the wilderness of Arrabida Natural Park and the breathtaking coastal scenes of Lagos to the vibrant atmosphere of Porto, Portugal is yours to explore and lose yourself in as you complete your loop around the country.
Lisbon - Discover City Highlights on Portugal’s Coast
Portugal’s coastal capital, Lisbon, boasts a colorful facade of pastel-hued buildings nestled at the base of a hilly landscape on which the imposing São Jorge Castle rests. In town, trams dressed in vibrant graffiti run along narrow cobbled streets and drop passengers around Lisbon. Along the Tagus Estuary promenade, views of sparkling water flow southward to meet the Atlantic Ocean. Today, you will arrive and tour the city sights from panoramas on the April 25th Suspension Bridge to strolls in the old district of Alfama and Belém’s highlights, Jeronimos Monastery, the Tower of Belém, and fresh “Pastéis de Belém” pastries.
Lagos - Leisure on the Sea Surrounding Lagos
Lagos - Breathtaking Panoramas from within Benagil Cave
Lagos - Ancient Algarvian Heritage in Silves
Crato - Catholic Heritage and the History of Rome
Crato - Jewish Heritage from Marvao to Castelo de Vide
Porto - Discover a Fascinating Religious Story in Belmonte
Porto - Meandering Porto’s Historic and Modern Districts
Porto - Visit the Cradle of Portugal
Lisbon - In the Walls of Portugal’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Lisbon - Panorama of the Pena Palace on the Peaks of Sintra
Lisbon - An Energetic Start to the Day
- Explore the city highlights of Lisbon on a guided stroll through vibrant districts, such as Belém, to historic neighborhoods, such as Alfama, to unearth the capital’s heritage through landmarks and culinary delights
- Slowly meander along the Portuguese coast to the Algarve, stopping in Azeitao for a sip of delectable wine and the Arrabida Natural Park for a frolic about the lush olive, strawberry, and pistachio fields
- Set sail across the sparkling sea surrounding Lagos’ rocky headlands and enter the breathtaking Benagil Cave for a morning spent on the cave’s hidden beach, where you may discover enchanting snorkeling
- Head for the ancient Algarvian neighborhoods of the city of Silves to uncover the region’s rich Arab roots through the cuisine, traditions, and architecture on a guided gastronomic tour of its districts
- Journey to Portugal’s northern border with Spain and stop at the historic town of Evora to unravel Roman heritage in the Roman Temple, the Romanesque-Gothic Cathedral, and Saint Francis Church with the Bones Chapel
- Delve into Portugal’s fascinating Jewish heritage retained in the medieval walls of old quarters, museums, and synagogues in the towns Marvao, Castelo de Vide, and Belmonte
- Meander through Porto’s historic and modern districts on a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s highlights, including Sé Cathedral, Bolhão Market, São Bento Train Station, and more
- Escape to the Cradle of Portugal, Guimaraes, to explore the Renaissance pieces and Baroque furniture within its Palace of the Dukes as well as the iconic exhibitions at the Guimaraes Castle
- Ascend to the summit of the Sintra Mountains to marvel at the picturesque Pena Palace, an architectural wonder representing the height of 19-century Romanticism artistic expression
$3,655 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.98 stars based on
Reviewed By Wendy G.
Reviewed By John P.
Reviewed By Justin H.
Reviewed By Betsy J.
Reviewed By Michael S.
Reviewed By Michael G.