South Africa floats on a blanket of serenity, its charming rhythm creating a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere. For senior travelers, tranquility and luxury make South Africa a beautiful first visit to the continent, along with a destination everyone wants to return to. This luxury 14-day seniors' tour combines the country's exquisite paradigms, incorporating big game safari, Cape Town's sights, coastal whale watching, and the sensual delights of the Cape Winelands.
Sabi Sands – Charming Serenity in a Private Game Reserve
All is calm in the Sabi Sands. A few zebra are grazing nearby, and an elephant is picking fruit from the trees. An untouched landscape spills out from your wooden deck, clumps of forest rising above a sweeping curve in the Sands River. Look onto the water and a few hippos are bathing. Gaze beyond the river and two rhinos are wandering past. The soundtrack is a wild one, with nothing manufactured interrupting the resonant calls of those who call the Sabi Sands home.
While safari is very much an adventure, game reserves like the Sabi Sands are some of the most serene places on the continent. It's just you and nature. Relax on the verandah and a whole procession of wildlife roams past, making an indelible introduction to the beauty and charm of South Africa. Your international flight will land at O. R. Tambo where a representative helps transfer you to a domestic flight that lands in the Sabi Sands reserve, where it's just a short game drive to one of Africa's most exclusive lodges. You don't need bumpy and dusty game drives to see the Big Five; just lay back and admire the show from the lodge.
Day 2 - 3
Sabi Sands – Relaxed Luxury Safari Including All the Famous Mammals
Cape Town – Elegance and Exclusivity at the V & A Waterfront
Cape Town – Robben Island and an Afternoon Along the Coast
Cape Town – Table Mountain and the Cape Peninsula
Cape Town – Leisurely Day in a Colorful City
Day 8 - 10
Hermanus – Whale Watching and Coastal Serenity on the South Coast
Day 11 - 13
Cape Winelands – Boutique Wine Farms and the Sensual Enchantment of the Winelands
Cape Winelands to Cape Town – Departure
- Savor the best highlights with three days of luxury safari in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, a beautiful place to connect with nature's rhythm and ease yourself into the continent
- Twice-daily safari game drives bring personal encounters with all the Big Five as the Sabi Sands shares unfenced boundaries with the famous Kruger National Park
- Explore Cape Town in style, spending four days in the city that mixes beaches, culture, history, and the fabled Table Mountain
- Discover the Cape Peninsula, connect with history on Robben Island, and watch the ocean sunset from your five-star hotel at the V & A Waterfront
- Soak up the quiet atmosphere of Hermanus, a serene coastal town that's visited by large numbers of migratory southern right whales
- Wander leisurely along the cliffs to spot the whales and enjoy a day of whale watching safari from a boat
- Gaze across the Cape Winelands and spend your last three nights at a boutique luxury wine farm in the heart of the vineyard-filled valleys
- Explore the sensual tastes of South Africa with private wine tasting tours that are tailored to your particular interests
- Connect the four unique destinations by flight or short private road transfers
$11,055 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Jamuna D.
Reviewed By Jackie G.
Reviewed By Rebecca B.
Reviewed By Sarah S.
Reviewed By Deana B.
Reviewed By patricia g.