There is no shortage of raw beauty and outdoor recreation in the coastal communities and highlands of Scotland, and this 13-day tour of both regions has been designed to provide plenty of both so that you can bask in the ambient charm of this unique corner of the UK. This tour will lead you from the capital of Edinburgh to the Firth of Moray in addition to making sure that you get a healthy dose of Scotland's culture, heritage, and history along the way.
Edinburgh – An Immersion in the Scottish Capital
With the chimneys, craggy rocks, steeples, and castles of Edinburgh's skyline as your backdrop, you will enjoy one of Scotland's most scenic urban areas as you plunge into a tour of this storied land. Your first stop will be the capital: Edinburgh. Upon your arrival to the city's main international airport, a private transfer will be waiting to whisk you into the cobbled alleys and narrow lanes of the city center and your conveniently located hotel. Here, you will have the remainder of the day to explore the city at your own pace.
Edinburgh – Strolling Through the Ages on a Walking Tour
Perthshire – Gateway to the Highlands
Perthshire – Walking in the Footsteps of the Queen
Nairn – Cruising Through the Cairngorms National Park
Nairn – Enjoying a Front Row Seat to the Local Whiskey Production
Isle of Skye – Jewel of the Hebrides
Isle of Skye – Basking in Ambient Adventure
Inverlochy – Plunging Into the Land of Lochs
Fort William – Cruising on the Jacobite Steam Train
Dunblane – A Return to the Seductive Central Scotland
Dunblane – Enjoying a Stirling Day Trip
Dunblane – A Reluctant Departure from Scotland
- Amble through the ages on a guided walking tour of Edinburgh, where the Royal Mile, main castle, and numerous other sites and monuments will be yours to explore
- Scan the horizon from the lofty perch of the Edinburgh castle and enjoy stunning views of the city
- Sip your way through the proud tradition of Scottish whiskey during a visit to a distillery in the county of Perthshire
- Stand in the shadow of the impressive cathedral at Dunkeld during a private tour of the city that will help reveal the charm of the Scottish highlands
- Glimpse the rugged beauty and wildlands of the Cairngorms National Park during a private transfer through this breathtaking landscape
- Stroll the sandy beaches and pristine coastlines of the Firth of Moray, where the off-the-beaten-path feel for the region cannot help but inspire your imagination
- Plunge into the pristine archipelago of the Inner Hebrides with a visit to the Isle of Skye
- Enjoy a cruise on the charming Jacobite Steam Train, during which the rhythm of the rails will form a relaxing backdrop to the stunning vistas of the Nevis Mountains
- Witness the sublime grandeur of Ben Nevis, Britain's largest mountain and your playground during a visit to the nearby Fort William
$7,795 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.95 stars based on 59 reviews.
Reviewed By Katie F.
Reviewed By Bonnie D.
Reviewed By Matthew B.
Reviewed By Sherry Y.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By Scott R.