Rwanda excels in intimate wildlife encounters; the rhythmic pounding of a silverback beating his chest, playful chimpanzees digging with sticks, a dozen monkey species swinging past your lodge, wild mountain gorillas returning your gaze. This handcrafted safari makes these natural wonders accessible to senior travelers, combining the country’s highlights with its best lodges and finest guides. Enchanting and exclusive, it’s a week-long journey into the heart of Africa.
Kigali – The Tranquility of Rwanda’s Capital
The tranquility of Kigali surprises most visitors. Then again, much of Rwanda comes as a surprise. This is a country that’s spotlessly clean, going as far as making plastic bags illegal. Broad tree-lined streets could come from a Parisian suburb; ebullient welcomes greet you at every establishment, and vistas are dominated by green colors. Feeling more like a village than a capital, Kigali is an indelibly relaxed city to start any vacation. You’ll be greeted at the airport and transferred to your comfortable hotel for your first night in the heart of the country.
Kigali – A Private Cultural Tour of the Land of 1,000 Hills
Volcanoes National Park – The Legacy of Dian Fossey
Volcanoes National Park – Gorilla Trekking for Senior Travelers
Nyungwe Forest National Park – The Wonders of the Congo Basin
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Chimpanzee Trekking in East Africa’s Hidden Paradise
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Discovering the Primates of Central Africa
Kigali – Depart for Home
- Spend an hour with a wild mountain gorilla troop in the remote rainforest of Volcanoes National Park
- Explore the wonders of the Congo Basin with three nights in Nyungwe Forest National Park, where over a quarter of Africa’s primates reside, including 700-strong troops of Rwenzori colobus monkeys
- Settle into the five-star luxury of Rwanda’s three finest lodges and hotels, with two nights in the Kigali Serena, two nights at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge, and three nights at Nyungwe Forest Lodge
- Trace the legacy of Dian Fossey by visiting the Gorilla Research Center and discovering how conservation efforts continues to thrive
- Uncover the hidden history to Rwanda with a full-day cultural tour, which takes a poignant look at the 1994 genocide then focuses on the optimism of today
- Wander through ancient rainforests and come face to face with a troop of chimpanzees
- Expert guides tailor the treks for senior travelers, making them more accessible by minimizing the time on foot
- Fly across Rwanda in a light aircraft, a beautiful journey that reveals the mystical colors of the hills
$12,579 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Rick H.
Reviewed By Carol t.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Susan W.
Reviewed By Ken S.