Embark on an exceptional handcrafted 16-day tour that explores the best of Portugal, from Évora to Lisbon. Discern the distinct features that make Portugal such a beloved destination to visit, from the picture-perfect scenes of colorful homes that spill across emerald hills to the meticulously crafted heritage sites across the sprawling countrysides. Portugal’s phenomenal highlights will be yours to explore during this wonderful escape.
Évora - Portugal’s Welcoming Charm
You will touch down in Lisbon, meet your private driver, and venture through the Southern Alentejo region of Portugal to the historic city of Évora. As you approach Évora, you will be able to catch a glimpse of the Gothic Cathedral of Évora that overlooks above the white-washed houses and cobblestone alleyways. Meandering through the town, you will stumble upon charming cafés between intricate stone chapels where the aromas of Portugal’s coveted cuisine originate. The fragrant wafts of cooked fish and the chorus of local chatter will provide the perfect Portuguese ambiance to welcome you to this culturally rich country.
Évora - Sweet Flavors on Sloping Emerald Hills
Évora - Breathtaking Towns Beyond Évora
Belmonte - Majestic Vistas of Alentejo
Belmonte - The Origins of Portugal’s Jewish Community
Douro - A Moorish Mirror into the Medieval
Douro - Saccharine Ports and Wondrous Wines
Porto - The Halcyon History of Amarante
Porto - A Glance into Portugal’s Unbridled Artistry
Lisbon - Distinguished Towns with Distinct Features
Lisbon - A Colorful and Characterful Cityscape
Lisbon - Unravel the Romantic Era
Lisbon - Catholicism Shines in the Sacred Fátima and Batalha
Lisbon - Heightened Flavors to Savor
Lisbon - Escape to Arrábida Natural Park
Lisbon - A Golden Farewell
- Traverse the bucolic Alentejo region and visit the castle-peppered towns between the lush vineyards that surround Évora
- Stand atop the summit of Serra de São Mamede mountain in Marvão and gaze over the sprawling Portuguese countryside
- Appreciate Belmonte’s Jewish heritage as you encounter the momentous Bet Eliahu synagogue and meticulously twinned Manueline window
- Stride into the countryside and sip on prestigious Portuguese ports and wines produced by the Douro Valley’s world-renowned wine estates
- Discern the environmental wonders that border the historic city of Amarante, namely the staggering Serra do Marão mountain and vast Tâmega River
- Admire the work of the world’s greatest creative minds as you peruse Porto’s São Bento Station and Lello bookshop
- Distinguish the distinct qualities that travelers flock to Aveiro, Nazaré, and Óbidos to discover, from Venice-like canal systems to enormous waves
- Look into the heart of the Romantic era as you retreat to Sintra’s phenomenal Pena Palace, a reflection of this incredible moment in time
- Delve into Portugal’s spiritual Catholic roots with exclusive tours of Fátima and Batalha, two sanctified cities surrounding Lisbon
- Witness the wondrous wildlife that dwells in the Arrábida Nature Park, which is home to unreal scenery and picturesque trails
$5,595 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.99 stars based on 219 reviews.
Reviewed By Fred R.
Reviewed By Candi L.
Reviewed By katie f.
Reviewed By Srinivas G.
Reviewed By Patricia C.
Reviewed By john p.