Step off the well-trodden and beaten path on a getaway into New Zealand’s breathtaking countrysides on this exquisite 19-day tour from the North Island to the South Island. Your adventures, brimming with moments amongst picturesque landscapes capped in snow and others drenched in olive-green forests, will be richly rewarding and topped off with absorbing experiences in these spectacularly scenic parts of the country.
Auckland - Arrival in New Zealand
Nestled on the North Island of New Zealand, Auckland is a city that boasts a bustling skyline and picturesque landscapes. Shortly after landing at the international airport, you will transfer to your accommodation in the heart of the city. In Auckland, yachts sail gracefully from the buzzing harbors, manicured parks stretch lazily across the countryside, and skyscrapers dominate the city. This destination is a gateway into New Zealand’s flourishing metropolitan lifestyle as well as its unspoiled wildlife appeal, which you will enjoy tomorrow morning.
Rotorua - The Dwellings of the Hobbits
Rotorua - Magnificent Spectacles
Tongariro National Park - Geothermal Wonders
Tongariro National Park - The Tongariro Crossing
Wellington - Landscapes of the Lord of the Rings
Abel Tasman National Park - Escape to Bright Beaches
Abel Tasman National Park - Tranquil Paddles
Punakaiki - Dark Mountain Caves
Franz Josef - Unspoiled Wildlife Scenery
Franz Josef - Picture-Perfect Memories
Queenstown - Arresting Panoramas
Queenstown - On an Enchanting Lake
Te Anau - The Fiords of New Zealand
Te Anau - The Rainforests of Milford Sound
Aoraki - A Journey Through Time
Aoraki - Mighty Peaks and Glaciers
Christchurch - Where Design and Nature Meet
Christchurch - Departure
- Discover the distinct dwellings created for the Hobbits of Lord of the Rings on a tour of the breathtaking Hobbiton village near Matamata
- Bask in the brilliant landscape spectacles of the magnificent soaring Mount Tarawera, uncovering the geothermal formations sprinkling its volcanic topography
- Explore more of New Zealand’s incredible volcanic elements touring to the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Huka Waterfall, or Craters of the Moon
- Stroll along the hiking trails weaving through the jaw-dropping Tongariro Crossing, capturing scenes beneath towering rocky outcrops and in deep viridian gorges
- Encounter the wild and wonderful creatures residing in the protected wildlife sanctuary of Wellington
- Wallow in the warm waters and luxuriate on the golden beaches flanking Kaiteriteri after a slow paddle across the turquoise sea
- Enter the dark Nile River Caves and witness spellbinding spectacles of millions of glow worms illuminating its caverns before continuing to other caves peppering Paparoa National Park
- Witness the mesmerizing Franz Josef glaciers on a guided tour of their icy formations completed with a dip in the steamy natural glacier hot pools within a rainforest
- Cruise across Queenstown’s bewitching tranquil lake by thrilling jet boat or engrossing restored ship depending on your preference
- Revel in scenes of New Zealand’s mighty fiords as you tour through verdant rainforests and across sweeping waters surrounding Milford Sound
- Briskly hike across spectacular trails winding across Mount Cook to viewpoints beneath the frost glaciers overlooking the soaring Southern Alps
$6,911 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.7 stars based on
Reviewed By Alexa P.
Reviewed By Diane M.
Reviewed By Eleazar D.
Reviewed By Lois L.
Reviewed By Elizabeth M.
Reviewed By Karena M.