Dive into the secluded mountain jungles and emerge from shrines hidden in ancient caves during your ultimate Laos tour customized to your spirit of adventure, thirst for culture, and love of wildlife. Ascend into the trees for an unforgettable visit with gibbons, and then scour the Mekong River to view passing Irrawaddy dolphins. Venture into the hills to meet ethnic minority tribes, and then bond with elephants before riding down to the river for a memorable bath. From opulent temple mosaics...
Chiang Rai – Arrive in Thailand’s Northern City near the Golden Triangle
Emerald trees and rice fields frame the charming city of Chiang Rai. The countryside leads to the rushing waters of the Mekong River where the borders of Myanmar, Thailand, and Laos converge, which is known as the Golden Triangle. The lush, broken hills roll into the distance from all sides, hiding Buddhist temples and secluded villages. The city was founded in the 13th century and continues to charm visitors along the banks of the Kok River. Your flight will land at Chiang Rai Airport, where your private transfer will greet you upon your arrival.
The city has a relaxed ambiance that emanates from the drifting long-tail boats on the water, the sporadic temple stupas shaded by the trees, and the aroma of fresh noodles cooked in peanut sauce. Take a moment to settle into the comforts of your gorgeous accommodation with views of the jungle-clad mountains and a vibrant exotic garden. Venture out into the city to visit Phra Singh Temple, which was originally erected in the 14th century. The edifice remains the oldest surviving example of typical northern Thai architecture demonstrated in the low sweeping roofs. Continue to enjoy life along the riverside promenade in the burgeoning Night Market.
Huay Xai – Cross into Laos at Huay Xai to Reach the Gibbon Experience
Huay Xai– Relish a Zip Line Journey in the Treetops on a Full Day Tour
Muang La – Travel to the Beautiful and Remote Town of Muang La
Muang La – Enjoy a Day of Exploration to View Landscapes and Villages
Luang Prabang – Travel along the River Ou to Find Caves and Villages
Luang Prabang – Partake in Alms Giving and a Full Day City Tour
Luang Prabang – Visit the Elephants and Day at Your Leisure
Champasak – Fly to Pakse and Discover the Ancient Temple of Wat Phou
Champasak – Cruise the 4,000 Islands and Search for Irrawaddy Dolphins
Vientiane – Travel to the Capital City of Vientiane for a Half-Day Tour
Vientiane – Depart for Home
- Enjoy an adventurous experience as you stay in a luxury tree-house in the Bokeo forest as the gibbons glide through the jungle nearby
- Relish a private cruise on the Mekong River to see the 4,000 gorgeous islands and glimpse Irrawaddy dolphins in their natural habitat
- Relax with a soothing spa treatment at a luxury resort located in a secluded village in northern Laos
- Visit with ethnic communities to learn about their distinctive histories, cultures, and traditions
- Participate in the tradition of giving alms in Luang Prabang during a morning procession as the monks walk single-file through the city
- Meet with rehabilitated Asiatic elephants and delight in a ride to the local river to help them bathe
- Enter Pak Ou Caves to view thousands of Buddha icons and a shrine more than 2,000 years old
- Discover the remarkable 10th-century temple of Wat Phou built under the reign of the Khmer Empire over a terraced hillside
$3,115 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By MICHAEL D.
Reviewed By michael a.
Reviewed By Nicolas H.
Reviewed By Theodora W.
Reviewed By Connie W.
Reviewed By Morris E.