Your 9-day customizable Laos highlights tour encompasses the best of the Land of a Million Elephants with roaring waterfalls and elegant French colonial villas, traditional dugout canoes and peaceful riverside villages on stilts. Indulge in exotic fruit, bamboo, and semi-sweet coffee aromas while you embrace the majestic ambiance of monks draped in saffron. Laos shimmers like a jewel with emerald rice fields draped in jade canopies, and glinting golden stupas.
Vientiane – Arrive in the Charming Capital of Laos
The Laotian capital rises out of the banks of the Mekong River as shading trees line the pedestrian-friendly streets that are set against shimmering temples with Buddhist monks wrapped in burnt sage robes all around. Frangipanis blossom over walls and fences amongst the French colonial architecture peppered with fragrant tamarind. Your flight will land at Wattay International Airport, and your private transfer will meet you upon arrival. The tropical ambiance encircles the airport and overtakes the streets with views of verdant trees, lush grass, and the scenic peaks that roll across the horizon as you make your way into the city.
Your accommodation will transport you into the elegance of Old World charm on the grounds that were opened in the 1930s. The wood interior will glint in the natural light that pours through the windows. The scent of palm trees and bamboo leave fragrant hints in the air around your spacious suite. After you settle in, your guide will meet you in the lobby eager to introduce you to the relaxed atmosphere of the national capital on a private walking tour. Vientiane has stood as the capital of Laos since the mid-16th century and fell under the French protectorate from the 1940s to the 1970s. You will make your way to the Vientiane Cathedral to view the spiritual home of Laotian Catholicism within the 1920s French architecture.
Champasak – Fly to Pakse and Enjoy a Scenic Drive to Wat Phou Temples
Don Khone – See Khone Phapheng Waterfall en route to Don Khone Island
Don Khone – Visit Ban Khon Village and Si Phan Don a Dolphin Tour
Vientiane – Return to Vientiane for a Guided Tour of Culture and History
Luang Prabang – Fly to Luang Prabang to Discover Laos’s Heritage Capital
Luang Prabang – View the Monk Procession and Explore the Scenic Villages
Luang Prabang – Relish a Day In and Around Luang Prabang at your Leisure
Luang Prabang – Visit the National Museum before Departing for Home
- Witness the dramatic shimmer of the 2,000-year-old statue of Buddha in the National Museum of Luang Prabang, crafted from solid gold
- Relish in an excursion through the wetlands and semi-evergreen forest
- Discover the ambiance of the inspiring temples adorned with gilded doorways and detailed stone carvings at Wat Phou complex, home to Lao’s oldest temples
- Wander the grounds of Vientiane’s oldest temple complex to view the stunning temple spires and majestic artwork at Wat Si Saket
- Traverse the remaining French colonial architecture on a private guided tour of Laos that includes the center of Catholic life at Sacred Heart Cathedral
- View rescued Asian black bears in their natural habitat while traversing the wildlife enclosure of Free the Bears
- See the largest cascade in Southeast Asia create whitewater rapids for up to six miles along the Mekong River at Khone Phapheng Waterfall
- Traverse the Mekong River around the Four Thousand Islands near the Cambodian border to find Irrawaddy dolphins
- Experience the vibrant market life and active villages of Laos, including a visit to the famed weaving community of Ban Phanom
- Delight in the unique expression of devotion in Luang Prabang by accompanying locals as they offer alms to passing monks in the daily procession
$2,101 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.77 stars based on
Reviewed By DIANE S.
Reviewed By Loren H.
Reviewed By Raymond J.
Reviewed By Lauren C.
Reviewed By Chuck M.
Reviewed By Sarabeth K.