Japanese art and culture are at the center of local tradition, and you will come to learn about their distinct heritage as you admire the astonishing artwork found on some of the country’s coveted islands. From contemporary art galleries in Takamatsu to revered performance centers in Tokushima, you will open your eyes to the fascinating world of Japanese art and culture on this absorbing 7-day tour.
Takamatsu - A Picturesque Welcome to the Port City
Nestled on the island of Shikoku in Japan lies the breathtaking port city of Takamatsu, a gateway to the island’s staggering sapphire seascape and emerald forested headlands. You will be delighted by the sights and sounds that present themselves as you transfer from the airport to your stunning accommodation, where you will have access to the idyllic scenes of Takamatsu day in and day out. You may spend your first moments here acclimatizing to your surroundings during strolls along the spirited port boulevard and dining in charming Japanese eateries.
Takamatsu - Postcard-Perfect Memories of Naoshima’s Famous Pumpkin Art
Takamatsu - The Modern and Contemporary Works of Teshima Island
Iya Valley - The Forested Natural Art Veiling Iya Valley
Iya Valley - Time-Honored Paper-Making and Awa Odori Performances
Takamatsu - Wondrous Spectacles of the Naruto Whirlpools
Takamatsu - All Good Things Come to an End
- Admire the distinct Japanese modern art that embellishes the island of Naoshima on a tour of the famous Red and Yellow Pumpkins as well as the Chichu Art Museum
- Explore more Japanese modern and contemporary art housed in the astonishing Teshima Island Art Museum and the spellbinding Les Archives Du Coeur
- Stroll through the spirited Kitahama Alley in Takamatsu, a former warehouse district turned stylish neighborhood overflowing with chic cafés and boutique artisanal craft stores
- Appreciate the mesmerizing wilderness vistas presented to you while crossing the Kazura Bridge and gliding to the Oboke Gorge in the breathtaking Iya Valley
- Wallow in the mouth-watering flavors of authentic Japanese cuisine as you indulge in a traditional multiple-course meal, and soak up serenity during a vitalizing hot spring bath
- Deepen your understanding of Japanese art and culture on a tour of an iconic Washi paper-making factory and the colorful Awa Odori Kaikan dance center
- Cherish images of the wondrous Naruto Whirlpools, a marine phenomenon unlike any other that proves too bewitching for words
$2,375 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.81 stars based on 520 reviews.
Reviewed By Cari O.
Reviewed By Azarmeen P.
Reviewed By Joan K.
Reviewed By Scott M.
Reviewed By Karen L.
Reviewed By Lindsey P.