The wealth of history, tradition, and culture is fully displayed during this 16-day personalized Japan tour. With centuries-old shrines, customary garments, architecture that speaks to grand folklore, and a focus on intricate detail that shapes exceptional beauty, you can embrace the exciting surprises and famous blend of past and future. From modern art hotels to bucolic antique temples, marketplaces to bamboo forests, each brings to life the natural and cultural wonders of Japan.
Osaka - Arrive and Welcome to Japan
Osaka is one of Japan’s largest cities and possesses a compelling ambiance shaped by the early days of the Japanese Empire and the modern world. A futuristic skyline, impressive cuisine, and culture featured in museums, galleries, and theaters demonstrate Osaka’s layered beauty and intrigue. You will arrive at Kansai International Airport, where your private transfer will meet you at customs and escort you to your beautiful accommodations in the heart of downtown. Here, contemporary life filters through the shops and aromas from restaurants serving savory pancakes and dishes using dashi tempt. The streets glow with light in November and December for a welcoming and unforgettable ambiance.
Osaka - Explore Osaka’s Castle and Shrines
Kanazawa - Transfer to Kanazawa and Tour the City
Kanazawa - Explore Kanazawa at Your Pace
Naoshima - Venture to Naoshima and Enjoy a Half-Day Tour
Naoshima - Discover the Joys of the Chichu Art Museum
Kyoto - Travel to Kyoto for a Half-Day Exploration
Kyoto - Uncover the Beauty of Kyoto
Kyoto - Embrace a Free Day to Explore
Kagoshima - Fly to Kagoshima and Uncover its Feudal History
Kagoshima - Meet with Local Artisans
Kagoshima - Relax with a Day at Leisure
Hiroshima - Visit and Tour Hiroshima
Hiroshima - Embrace a Half-Day Exploration of Miyajima
Tokyo - Arrive in Tokyo and Explore at Leisure
Tokyo - Depart for Home
- Witness the unique architectural design and engineering of one of Japan’s oldest shrines in Osaka
- Embrace the unique architectural aesthetic and perspective of Naoshima Island, home to incredible art galleries and museums, including the giant pumpkin
- Enjoy the charming traditions of Kyoto as you tour the historic streets, bridges, and canal-side walkways
- Walk the lanes of the samurai and geishas in the historic districts of Kanazawa
- Learn about tea production and the flavors of the leaves during a factory tour and tasting experience
- Witness the stunning modern and contemporary art displays in the galleries of the Chichu Art Museum
- Tour the fascinating and vibrant aisles of the Nishiki Market in Kyoto
- Find immersive feudal history in the districts and castle of Kagoshima
- Visit the fascinating temple complex and view the floating torii gate on Miyajima island
- Delight in the immersive Miho Museum, balancing modern architecture and nature with a design carved into the hillside
$17,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Lawrence W.
Reviewed By David Z.
Reviewed By Thi P.
Reviewed By Whitney S.
Reviewed By Margaret G.
Reviewed By Anne K.