Japan’s Kyushu island is home to some of the country’s most picturesque destinations, ones that will seduce you from the moment you arrive till the day you leave after this immersive 14-day vacation. From the Heian Period highlights of Fukuoka to the fairytale forests of Yakushima, every slice of Japan’s Kyushu island will dazzle and delight you while you spend two weeks soaking up the local culture.
Fukuoka - Modernity Flourishes in Fukuoka
Your adventures in Kyushu island, Japan, will begin in the bustling city of Fukuoka that attracts tourists from around the world with its zestful atmosphere and extravagant experiences. Boasting massive sports stadiums and looming skyscrapers, Fukuoka is a Japanese city that, in the same way Tokyo does, reflects the country’s desire to inject sophistication and modernity into the local lifestyle. Arriving at your accommodation after a short drive from the airport, you may spend the afternoon familiarizing yourself with your home for a few nights.
Fukuoka - Picture-Perfect Parks and the Heian Period
Nagasaki - Panoramas of Nagasaki by Night
Nagasaki - Full Day Exploration
Nagasaki - The Mysteries of Gunkanjima
Kumamoto - Samurai Battle over Kumamoto Castle
Kumamoto - Gorgeous Scenes of the Takachiho Gorge
Kagoshima - Under the Smoldering Sakurajima Mountain
Kagoshima - The Beauty Blanketing Kagoshima
Yakushima - Inspiring Fairytale Forests
Yakushima - Life Within the Forest
Yakushima - The Magnificent Cedar Forests
Fukuoka - The Simple Pleasures of Japan
Fukuoka - Memories Made Along the Way
- Stroll along the manicured emerald parks of Fukuoka and witness the majestic Heian Period shrines that pay respect to ancient Japanese spirituality in their distinct design and spectacular shrines
- Soar to the summit of Mount Inasa in the evening to capture unparalleled views of Nagasaki as the sunset fades beyond the horizon and the city is flooded in golden light
- Sail across the Nagasaki sea to visit the abandoned former mining town Gunkanjima, a collection of eerie derelict buildings holding a fascinating mystery
- Enter the antique complex of the fortified Kumamoto Castle, which suffered an attack by an army of samurai during Japan’s 1877 civil war, and wander through the flower gardens of the Suizen-Ji Temple
- Escape to the remarkable Takachiho Gorge, an illustrious natural wonder complete with sprawling emerald forest, towering silver waterfall, and rising red-tinted cliffs
- Tour the impressive landscape of the Sakurajima Mountain, a volcanic summit located across the glistening waters surrounding Kagoshima
- Be absorbed by the phenomenal forest landscapes sweeping Yakushima as you cycle and hike through the luxuriant greenery, appreciating wondrous flora and fauna sightings en route
$7,821 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.74 stars based on 287 reviews.
Reviewed By Denise B.
Reviewed By Neil P.
Reviewed By Taylor W.
Reviewed By Antonio (.
Reviewed By Evan K.
Reviewed By Judith G.