Little is left to the imagination on this 12-day tour of Italy that is handcrafted to bring you as close to the country as possible. As you make your way through Rome, Florence, Venice, as well as the regions of Lazio, Tuscany, and Veneto, you will enjoy a unique balance of rural leisure and urban thrills. This tour is designed to maximize your enjoyment of this colorful corner of the Mediterranean world.
Rome – The Italian Capital
Situated at the collision point of two continents, Italy enjoys a cosmopolitan feel that will be made evident the moment you step off the plane to begin this memorable tour. After a private transfer carries you into the vibrant heart of the city center, you will have the remainder of the day to orient yourself to this colorful and charismatic setting. Just steps away from your accommodation, the famous Trevi Fountain stuns visitors with its graceful sculptures. Moreover, the Spanish Steps will lead you to one of the best views in the city.
Rome – A City Within a City
Rome – Immersed in the Ancient World
Rome – Witnessing Nature's Fury
Florence – Birthplace of the Renaissance
Florence – Relaxing Day in Tuscany
Florence – Eating through the Culinary Capital
Castellina – Taking a Rural Turn
Castellina – A Tuscan Love Affair
Venice – Jewel of the Adriatic
Venice – The City of Canals
Venice – Departure
- Participate in the essential tradition of hurling a coin into the water of Rome's Trevi Fountain before watching a sunset from the Spanish Steps
- Witness the humbling stature of St. Peter's Basilica on a trip to the Vatican, where artistic treasures await you around every corner along with the brightly colored Swiss Guard
- Stand in the shadow of the imposing Colosseum and ponder the historical graffiti carved into its side
- Climb to the top of Mt. Vesuvius and enjoy a bird's-eye view of the countryside that was covered in ash and rock as a result of the volcano's 79 AD eruption
- Ponder the half-carved figures of Michelangelo's Prisoners on a visit to the Academia Gallery, where Renaissance artwork and talent is displayed
- Visit the abrupt cliffs and cascading villages of Italy's Cinque Terre, where the lush countryside compliments the azure of the Tyrrhenian Sea
- Indulge in a foodie tour of Florence, where the region's characteristic hospitality, famous dishes, and savory wine will be yours to enjoy
- Step into the rural bliss of the Tuscan countryside during your stay in Castellina, where stunning hilltop towns and quaint wineries are only a few short minutes away
- Amble in the footsteps of Marco Polo and Vivaldi on a journey to Venice and take in the panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on 450 reviews.
Reviewed By Brenden K.
Reviewed By Catherine M.
Reviewed By Helen C.
Reviewed By Leslie H.
Reviewed By Stephen D.
Reviewed By ROBERT H.