North Italy captivates visitors with its lush countryside and elegant cities, and this 11-day tour of Venice, Lake Garda, and Milan will offer you a splendid balance of natural beauty as well as the thrills and culture of big-city life. From active walking tours of the many renowned cities and towns you visit to the sublime surrender of a leisurely day, this tour ensures an unforgettable Italian visit.
Venice – An Auspicious Arrival
Perched at the northern tip of the Adriatic Sea like a shining beacon of red-tiled brilliance, Venice charms visitors with its floating neighborhoods, elegant architecture, and warm hospitality. As the capital of the Veneto region, Venice also is an excellent ambassador for the cultural and historical richness of Northern Italy. After arriving in the city, a water taxi will ensure your timely arrival at your accommodation. In the afternoon, you will be able to enjoy a walking tour to complete your Venetian orientation.
Venice – Seeing the Sights
Venice – The City's Origin Story
Lake Garda – An Alpine Adventure
Lake Garda – A Lakeside Retreat
Lake Garda – Romeo and Juliet
Lake Garda – Day Trip to Mantua
Lake Garda – A Fairytale Setting
Milan – The Heart of Lombardy
Milan – Where Past Meets the Present
Milan – Departure
- Sample the high elevation wines that are grown in the rocky soil of Lombardy and let the various flavors introduce you to a timeless tradition of viticulture
- Ponder the glittering mosaics at St. Mark's Basilica in Venice and the inspiration such sights gave to the once-powerful Venetian Republic
- Hop from piazza to piazza as you explore Venice's thrilling city center, where everything is reachable on foot, and your next adventure is waiting just around the corner
- Survey Venice's amphibious history on a boat tour of the lagoon to understand the origins of this region's capital
- Enjoy the legacy of Venice's proudest son by catching an optional performance of Vivaldi's main works of art from many of the city's skilled musicians
- Walk in the footsteps of the world's most famous lovers on a day trip to Verona, where Shakespeare situated the timeless tale of love and loss in Romeo and Juliet
- Witness the outstanding architecture and award-winning gastronomy of Mantua on a day trip and walking tour of the UNESCO-protected city center
- Re-consider your definition of large when you visit the massive Alps and enjoy the breathtaking vistas from the glacier-filled landscape
- Visit the many historic and architectural wonders of Milan on a walking tour of the city center that includes the Sforza castle and stunning Santa Maria delle Grazie
$6,045 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
5 stars based on 5 reviews.
Reviewed By Tracy S.
Reviewed By Nicole B.
Reviewed By Henry Z.
Reviewed By jillian m.
Reviewed By Maggie A.