Come and remember what it’s like to throw back the covers with anticipation and share timeless memories with those most important to you with this 12-day tour of Italy. If travel rouses the youth in us, then no country accomplishes this better than Italy. Situated at the juncture of two continents and the Mediterranean, Italy boasts a vivid character that displays this geographic perspective through its history, culture, and cuisine. Experience it all by booking your Italy tour today.
Amalfi – A Seaside Orientation
The first leg of your Italian excursion will begin in the region that surrounds the Bay of Naples. It is here that you will find stunning coastlines, imposing volcanoes, and some of the best beaches in Italy. After arriving at the main airport of Naples, a private transfer will deliver you to the Sorrentine Peninsula and your accommodation in Amalfi. In this rugged landscape of rocky mountains, there is no room for urban sprawl. After settling in to your comfortable accommodations, you can stretch your legs by strolling through the charming city center of Amalfi or by making your way to the beach.
Amalfi – Capri’s Famous Blue Grotto
Amalfi – Bask in the Sun
Amalfi – In the Footsteps of the Gods
Rome – The Wrath of the Gods
Rome – Tour of the Colosseum
Rome – Family-Friendly Scavenger Hunt
Florence – Tour of Florence’s Famous Dome
Florence – Italian Pasta-Making Course
Venice – The City of Canals
Venice – Mask-Making Workshop
Venice – Departure
- Stroll through the seaside communities of the Amalfi Coast, where fisherman once plied the waves for pirates and wrathful gods
- Marvel at the dramatic splendor of Capri and enjoy a subterranean visit to the famous Blue Grotto
- Weave among the vineyards, orchards, and terraced gardens of the Italian coastline on the Walk of the Gods and encounter some incredible views of the Mediterranean
- Witness nature’s fury during a visit to the ruins of Pompeii, where one of the most famous disasters of the ancient world unfolded
- Inspect ancient sources of entertainment through a guided tour of the Coliseum, where you will learn of the violent, and usually short, careers of the gladiators
- Engage with Rome’s major attractions on a lively scavenger hunt through the city center and visit the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and other notable corners of this colorful city
- Ponder the vastness of the Florentine Cathedral and the legacy of its architects on a guided tour of its interior
- Partake in a guided boat tour of Venice and learn how this city with a scarcity of dry land became one of Italy’s major maritime powers
- Indulge your creative side at a Carnival mask-making workshop and participate in Venice’s version of this global celebration
Italy is a land of boundless fun. A playground for both adults and children, every inch of this land possesses a quality that will attract and entice you to the point where you cannot help but sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience. This 12-day tour of Amalfi, Rome, Florence, and Venice is tailored to the dynamic traveler and those who wish to experience the essence of Italy.
Your journey will begin in Campania, which is a region that is filled to the brim with picturesque coastlines, a notorious volcano, and an assortment of charming villages, castles, and villas. The next leg of your journey will be the Eternal City and capital of Italy. Rome has long held the reputation of being a cosmopolitan center, and the modern metropolis does not disappoint. From the romantic character of Rome, you will make your way to Florence. Here, the stateliness of the capital gives way to a free-spirited city that seems designed to awaken the senses. With remarkable dishes and stunning examples of Renaissance art, Florence will leave with lasting memories. Your journey will conclude along the playful waterways and exciting piazzas of Venice. Here, you will learn why this city continues to be a top destination for international travelers who are seeking a memorable stop on their Italian excursion.
Like a fine wine, this itinerary is best paired with a Spring or Fall arrival. By arriving in these seasons, families are able to avoid the sometimes scorching temperatures of the summer in addition to enjoying relatively crowd-free excursions. Activities generally include guided tours of key districts or neighborhoods, cooking or other cultural classes, and a host of other handcrafted experiences that are designed to elevate your time in Italy.
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4402 reviews.
Reviewed By Matthew H.
Reviewed By Donald W.
Reviewed By Rabiha H.
Reviewed By Dezbah H.
Reviewed By Jack C.
Reviewed By Tori S.