This luxurious 14-day southern Italy tour has you traveling through revered regions and back-country villages to uncover tales of ancient cultures and modern delicacies. Luxuriate on the beaches in Sicily after sipping homemade wines, marvel at spectacular views from a Norman Castle, admire art and architecture in magnificent cathedrals, witness active volcanoes, and learn how to make cannoli.
Taormina – Attend a Performance at the Greek Theater
The transparent waters of the Ionian Sea will welcome you as your plane touches down at Catania Fontanarossa Airport. Your private driver will be waiting for you and will promptly usher you to your luxurious accommodation, which will be located in the heart of Taormina. You will meet your guide at your hotel after you check-in to explore the fascinating town by foot. In the evening, you will travel back in time by visiting Teatro Greco, which is the Greek Theater. Here, you can walk in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks and learn about the history of their settlement in Sicily.
Taormina – Indulge in a Food and Wine Tour
Taormina – Hike along Dried Lava Beds
Cefalu – Admire Byzantine Mosaics and Castle Ruins
Cefalu – Delight in a Wine and Cheese Tasting
Cefalu – Watch a Volcanic Eruption on Stromboli
Brindisi – Soar through the Skies on a Private Jet
Ostuni – Partake in the Art of Crafting Olive Oil
Ostuni – Wander through a Maze of Trullos
Positano – Tour the Ancient Civilizations in Matera
Positano – Sip Homemade Limoncello
Positano – Splash in the Blue Grotto
Naples – Venture through the Ruins of Pompeii
Naples – Depart for Home
- Stroll through town and learn about the history of Taormina, which will be followed by an open-air performance at a Greek Theater that was built in the 3rd Century BC
- Explore phenomenal scenery from the remote village of Castelmola while enjoying a uniquely flavorful almond wine
- Indulge in a thrilling hike to the summit of Mt. Etna for a Sicilian picnic that will be complete with spectacular views
- Admire Byzantine mosaics and ancient Norman architecture as you immerse yourself in the dynamic history of Cefalu
- Learn the art of producing traditional Madonie Provola cheese, which will be followed with a local Sommelier who pairs these cheeses with Sicilian wines
- Island-hop through the remote Aeolian Islands to enjoy a wine tasting in Salina and to watch Stromboli’s volcano erupt against the dark night sky
- Craft your own cannoli in Palermo before jetting off to the sun-soaked Puglia Region in a private jet
- Wander through the whimsical town of Alberobello as you curiously admire the unique design of a trullo
- Uncover centuries worth of history and culture as you venture through the pre-historic streets of Matera
- Appreciate the fine art of production of homemade Limoncello as you sip the sweet and tangy delicacy in the shade of a family-owned lemon grove
- Cruise to the luxurious island of Capri in a privately chartered boat and explore the hilltop village of Anacapri
- Meander through the wide streets of Pompeii to learn about ancient culture and life in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius
History is a brilliant storyteller for those who are willing to listen. You can uncover Italy’s colorful past and scrumptious cuisine on this luxurious, 2-week tour through Southern Italy. Here, time stands still, recipes have remained unchanged for generations, and ancient walls have remained firmly in place for two millennia. You will begin your tour through Southern Italy after your flight arrives at Sicily’s Catania Fontanarossa Airport. In Taormina, you will attend an open-air performance at an ancient Greek theater, where you will applaud as singers bellow out melodic notes into the night sky. You will also sip almond wine and amble through medieval streets on a deluxe food and wine tour that will introduce you to many of Sicily’s most iconic dishes. The following day, you will scale the imposing slopes of Mt. Etna, where you will enjoy a picnic with spectacular views of the vast valleys below.
Afterward, you will cross the island to visit Cefalu, where you will hike to Norman ruins that sit precariously on daunting cliffs. You will then travel to the quiet village of Castelmola, where you will taste delicious cheeses that are only made in these Sicilian hills. The following day will include a luxurious boat trip to the Aeolian Islands, where you will sample honey-sweet Malvasia wine and watch nature’s incredible display of fury when the Stromboli volcano erupts at nighttime. Your last day in Sicily will culminate with a cannoli-making class and an exclusive flight to the marvelous towns that border Italy’s Adriatic Sea.
The bleach-white walls of Ostuni will be beautifully contrasted against the green olive groves and blue waters. Upon reaching the Puglia Region, you will be provided with a tour through vast olive groves, where you will witness the process of creating a smooth and buttery olive oil. You will then visit the whimsical village of Alberobello and roam through its streets that are lined with the dome-shaped trullo. In the evening, you will partake in a cooking class that will introduce you to the region’s delightful cuisine. The following day, you will discover a culture that originated in the Paleolithic era as you meander the twisting streets of ancient Matera.
Upon reaching the glorious Amalfi Coast, you will bask in the warm sunshine that glistens off of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Lemon groves will beckon to you as you indulge in a limoncello-making demonstration that will allow you to sample the region’s famed lemon-based dishes. Afterward, you will cruise to the island of Capri and dip your toes into the refreshing waters of the Blue Grotto. You will finish your adventure by touring the preserved ruins of Pompeii and learning the time-honored art of crafting traditional Neapolitan pizza. On your final day, your driver will escort you to Naples International Airport, where you will catch your return flight home.
$3,845 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4532 reviews.
Reviewed By George C.
Reviewed By Allison H.
Reviewed By Ron P.
Reviewed By Nicole G.
Reviewed By Theresa P.
Reviewed By Joe L.