This 14-day tour of Italy is designed to reacquaint you with the benefits of journeying at this time of year. Enjoy the November light as it reflects off the mirror of Lago Maggiore, truffle hunt through the changing colors of the Piedmont countryside, and indulge in a multitude of other adventures designed to capitalize on this bracing time of year. Autumn in Italy creates the perfect setting to enjoy the quieter and cozier side of this storied country.
Stresa – An Alpine Initiation
After arriving at Milan’s international airport, you will exchange the urban crowds for the rural spaciousness of the alpine foothills. Waiting curbside, a private driver will transfer you beyond the sprawl and congestion of Milan. Your destination is the Lake District of the Italian Alps, which is where many James Bond films have been made. Soon, you will arrive at the lakeside community of Stresa in style, and the splendor of the natural world around you will only add to the brilliance of your first-class accommodation.
Stresa – In the Footsteps of Napoleon
Turin – Rendezvous in Northern Italy
Turin – Hunting Truffles in Piedmont
Turin – The City’s Royal Past
Florence – The Jewel of Tuscany
Florence – Exclusive Duomo Tour
Florence – Tuscany’s Finest Export
Florence – A Walk through the Renaissance
Rome – Immersion in the Eternal City
Rome – Italian Jazz
Rome – St. Peter’s and the Vatican Museums
Rome – Rome’s Republican Origins
Rome – Departure
- Reconsider your definition of mountains as you take in the vastness of the colossal Alps that surround Stresa
- Wander the terraced extravagance of Isola Bella in the dramatic setting of the Lake District in Northern Italy
- Visit the charming hilltop community of Montepulciano and enjoy a cave tour followed by a sampling of the world-famous wine varieties grown in this region
- Delight in fall’s arrival through an immersion in the white truffle festival of Alba and savor the finest truffle-based cuisine and wine pairing
- Stand shoulder to shoulder with Bernini’s David as he prepares to deliver the fatal blow that launched him into divine celebrity
- Explore the artifacts of an inspired life with a visit to the Uffizi Gallery and experience your own renaissance
- Ponder your significance in the vastness of St. Peter’s Basilica before a visit to the priceless art and well-cropped gardens of the Vatican museums
- Trod the paths that were once walked by Cicero and Caesar during a visit to the Roman Forum
Autumn in Italy could very well be its own country. Gone are the hordes of August, and what remains is a distillation of all the cultural, historical, and artistic artifacts that drew you to this brilliant nation in the first place. This a 14-day tour of Italy has been tailored to the bold traveler who wishes to acquaint themselves with what many would describe as the real Italy.
After arriving in Milan, the Lake District in the Italian Alps will provide a picturesque introduction to this season of change. The stunning peaks and glacial valleys that typify this region contain stories and secrets that are waiting to reveal themselves to you. After a brief detour to the region of Piedmont to participate in an annual truffle festival, you will make your way further to lower elevations and the birthplace of the Renaissance. In Florence, you will enjoy a crash course in Tuscan winemaking and the breathtaking artwork of masters, such as Michelangelo and Caravaggio. Your tour will conclude in the Italian capital of Rome. Whether walking the steps of Vatican City or contemplating the lives of gladiators at the Coliseum, your November arrival will ensure shorter lines and a quieter setting.
With peak season long gone, a November tour of Italy will reveal a side of the country that is seldom seen by tourists but is still very much a part of Italian life. Much of this itinerary includes seasonal festivities, and this should not discourage you from participating in additional activities that you want to experience or sites that you wish to visit.
$3,845 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4167 reviews.
Reviewed By Steven B.
Reviewed By Heather H.
Reviewed By Philip V.
Reviewed By Kristin D.
Reviewed By Joan H.
Reviewed By Kathleen G.