On this luxurious 11-day Italy tour, witness the rise and fall of the Roman Empire as you tread among ruins and through palaces that were once part of the vast kingdom. Stand in the streets of Rome where Julius Caesar gave riveting speeches, climb the steps of the Colosseum that erupted in dramatic shouts, and watch the Renaissance flourish through its abundant art and architecture in the museums of Florence.
Florence – Stroll through Florence’s Charming Streets
Today, you will explore the depths of Florentine history, beginning with your plane’s arrival at Amerigo Vespucci Airport. Your private driver will be waiting for you when you clear customs to transfer you to your luxurious accommodation in the heart of the city. Once you have had time to settle in, your guide will meet you at your hotel and walk you to the 14th-century Duomo. Brunelleschi’s dome unapologetically dominates Florence’s skyline, and its massive presence will be visible as you navigate the twisting backstreets. Afterward, you can visit the incredible museum that is attached to the Duomo, which serves as a unique storehouse of faith, history, and art.
Florence – Explore the Birthplace of the Renaissance
Florence – Exploring Palazzo Vecchio
Rome – Uncover Ancient Etruscan Caves
Rome – Tread among Roman Temples
Rome – Walk in the Footsteps of Julius Caesar
Rome – Walking Tour through Vatican City
Sorrento – Venture through the Ruins of Pompeii
Sorrento – Exhilarating Helicopter Ride
Sorrento – Discover Emperor Augustus’ Favorite Getaway
Sorrento – Depart for Home
- Meander through the ancient streets of the Renaissance during a private tour of its classic works of art and exquisite cathedrals in Florence
- Travel back in time as you uncover more than three eras of history in the medieval Palazzo Vecchio
- Discover the Umbrian hilltop town of Orvieto, where you can dive deep into archaeological artifacts to learn about its Etruscan roots
- Delve into Rome’s history that spans multiple millennia as you walk through the 1900-year-old Pantheon and visit Mussolini’s notorious balcony
- Delight in an in-depth tour through the heart of the Roman Empire that will have you witnessing the very place that Caesar carried out business
- Venture to the epicenter of Catholicism during your tour of Vatican City, where you can admire St. Peter’s Basilica and the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel.
- Stroll through the wide streets of Pompeii, where volcanic ash impeccably preserved ancient Roman culture
- Soar high above the Amalfi Coastline on a private helicopter excursion that flies you over Mt. Vesuvius and the Greek ruins of Paestum
- Traverse in the footsteps of the Phoenicians and visit Roman ruins on the glamorous island of Capri
History will become wildly three-dimensional during your unforgettable,11-day adventure through Italy. You will begin your dynamic journey by traversing the backstreets that witnessed the birth of the Renaissance and admiring the elaborate cathedrals and the massive Duomo that sit regally in the center of Florence. You will then skip to the front of the line at the Uffizi Gallery and the Academia, where you will be introduced to canvas and marble works of art that intricately tell stories of the Renaissance. The following day, you will explore Palazzo Vecchio, which is a 14th-century government building that still functions as the city’s town hall.
As you venture to Rome, you will pause at the hilltop town of Orvieto, where you can meander through the town’s charming streets before descending underground to explore Etruscan caves that served as a hiding place during barbarian invasions. You will then continue toward Rome, where you can enjoy an exclusive tour of the 1900-year-old Pantheon and Piazza Venezia. Afterward, you will walk in the footsteps of Julius Caesar in the Roman Forum before venturing beneath the Colosseum to see where gladiators paced the hallways as they awaited their fights. The following day, you visit Vatican City and may be overwhelmed by St. Peter’s Dome and the inimitable Sistine Chapel.
The glistening Amalfi Coast will be waiting for you. During your time on the Amalfi Coast, you can tour the town of Pompeii, which once thrived in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius. The next day you can take to the skies during an exclusive helicopter ride that will lead you around the peak of Mt. Vesuvius and the Greek ruins of Paestum. Your final day in Italy will consist of a luxury boat ride to the glamorous island of Capri, where you will tour the iridescent waters of the Blue Grotto and explore the island’s 19th-century villas. Your trip will culminate as your personal driver escorts you to Naples International Airport for your return flight home.
$3,933 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Gerald N.
Reviewed By Karen O.
Reviewed By Jennifer K.
Reviewed By Jon S.
Reviewed By Scott D.
Reviewed By Sharon H.